iDEA Growth in the News:
- Dayton Daily News, 10.27.19 – Ohio Moves Closer To Legalizing Sports Betting, But Who Would Regulate It? [J. Ifrah as iDEA Growth spokesman]
- Advocates are hoping that gambling on sporting events in Ohio will soon become legal, but exactly when and how people will be able to place wagers and on what teams is still up for debate at the Statehouse.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 10.25.19 – Five Reasons US Online Gambling Will Be Dominated By A Few Brands [The Stars Group, GVC, DraftKings, 888, Kindred Group]
- The US online gambling market is still in its infancy, in the process of figuring itself out. So, how many different brands will gamblers have to choose from when the industry settles into its stride?
- KWWL, 10.25.19 – DraftKings Daily Fantasy Sports Now Available In Iowa
- Sports fantasy franchise DraftKings Inc. has announced today that its daily fantasy sports (DFS) products are now accessible for fans in Iowa.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.28.19 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Missouri On The Table, Connecticut Off It
- Happy Monday, y’all, and welcome back. We hope you survived this weekend’s sports betting equinox with minimal damage to your bankroll and/or relationship.
- Sports Handle, 10.25.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: West Virginia Numbers, NY, DC, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large.
- Online Poker Report, 10.27.19 – Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang Voices Support For Legal Online Poker
- US presidential candidate Andrew Yang shone his political spotlight on online poker this weekend.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.28.19 – Changes To Illinois Gambling Law May Have To Wait Till 2020 [subscription paywall]
- The four-month-old Illinois gambling expansion law is not expected to receive much, if any, attention when state lawmakers reconvene on Monday in the state capital of Springfield for a brief three-day session.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.25,19 – New York Senator On Sports Betting: ‘We’re Missing Out On A Huge Chunk Of Revenue’
- Further delays in legalizing sports betting in New York will see millions of dollars in lost tax revenues leak across the border into New Jersey, NY state Sen. Joseph Addabbo Jr. said in a recent interview for Legal Sports Report.
- The Denver Post, 10.25.19 – Friednash: With A Water Shortage In Sight, Prop DD Will Help Keep The Rivers Flowing
- Under Proposition DD in Colorado, the casinos and sports betting operators will be taxed 10% on net proceeds, up to $29 million per year. And 93% of the funding will be used to fund the Colorado Water Plan, with the remainder funding the regulation of sports betting and gambling addiction services.
- Associated Press, 10.25.19 – Public Hearing Scheduled For Montana Sports Betting Rules
- A public hearing on proposed rules for Montana’s new sports wagering law is scheduled for Monday in Helena.
- Play IA, 10.27.19 – Hoop Dreams: Betting On College Basketball Could Surpass Football In Iowa
- If bettors in the Hawkeye State act similarly to their counterparts on the East Coast of the United States, the college basketball season could actually be the best time of the year for Iowa sportsbooks. Iowa college basketball betting has great potential.
- Play USA, 10.25.19 – Play USA’s ‘On The Record:’ FL Consultant Talks Tribal Affairs & College Football
- Legislative officials are in continued talks with the Seminole Tribe in efforts to bring sports betting to Florida.
- FanDuel, 10.25.19 – FanDuel Sportsbook Continues Expansion With Launch Of Mobile Sports Betting In Indiana
- FanDuel Sportbook launched in Indiana this week, meaning fans of the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers and Indiana Hoosiers, along with fans of other teams in the state, can now place bets on their phones, tablets and computers within the confines of The Hoosier State.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.28.19 – Nevada Regulators Reach Compromise On Charitable Lottery Language [subscription paywall]
- The Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC) has agreed that the state should allow youths under 18 to participate in fundraising lotteries as long as the winners of the event are not awarded cash prizes, in a compromise supported by problem gambling advocates.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 10.25.19 – Survey Says: NBA Considers Some Interesting New Sports Betting Integrations
- It’s crystal clear by now that the NBA is all-in on sports betting — encouraging it, promoting it through partners and its own website, monetizing it through new partnerships and licensing agreements.
- Sports Betting Dime, 10.27.19 – PGA Tour To Allow On-Site Betting Starting In 2020
- PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan announced Saturday that they plan to offer betting at tournaments.