iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 10.29.21: Pointsbet To Create Sports Betting Content With NBC Sports’ Chris Simms
- Online gaming operator PointsBet has announced a partnership with NBC Sports’ NFL and college football analyst Chris Simms to create unique and authentic betting content for distribution across NBC Sports and PointsBet platforms.
- SBC, 10.28.21: Fansunite Agrees To Strategic Partnership With Sportradar
- Global sports and entertainment firm FansUnite Entertainment Inc has signed a strategic agreement with Sportradar Group AG, a provider of sports entertainment products and services.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.29.21: Kambi Warns On Dangers Of Penn Building Own Tech
- Penn National Gaming (PNG) faces a “tough task” in building its own sportsbook platform, according to Kambi CEO Kristian Nylén.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 10.29.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Play NY, 10.29.21: Sports Betting Stakeholders Still Waiting, Speculating On NY Bid Evaluations
- The New York State Gaming Commission has promised transparency in its process to select applicants for the coveted online sports betting licenses.
- Action Network, 10.28.21: Maryland In-Person Sports Betting Getting Closer, But Online Wagering Still Months Away
- Maryland’s long-stalled retail sports betting launch could finally have a go-live timeline.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.21: Sports Betting Not Coming To Massachusetts This Year
- While Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island all offer legal mobile sports betting, New England peer Massachusetts won’t have it in 2021.
- IGB, 10.29.21: Rhode Island Sports Betting Handle Reaches Record $41.2m In September
- Player spending on sports betting in Rhode Island reached a record $41.2m in September, while the state’s revenue also increased 66.7% year-on-year.
- IGB, 10.28.21: Wyoming Betting Revenue Falls Just Short Of $1m In Opening Month
- Sports betting operators in Wyoming generated $954,416 in gross revenue during the first month of legal betting in the state – but net revenue was negative.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.21: Seminoles Partner With Five Florida Parimutuels For Sports Wagering
- Florida’s Seminole Tribe announced Thursday that it has made deals with five Florida parimutuels to offer sports betting when the tribe’s new venture goes live next month.
- Tampa Bay Times, 10.28.21: Florida Pari-mutuels, Seminole Tribe Reach Sports Betting Agreements
- Continuing to move forward with a major gambling deal with the state, the Seminole Tribe of Florida has reached agreements with five pari-mutuel facilities to help market sports betting — including Tampa Bay Downs and TGT Poker & Racebook in Tampa.
- Play IL, 10.28.21: A New Beginning For Illinois Sports Betting: Senate, House Pass Bill That Will Let You Sign Up For A Sportsbook Online And More
- Pending Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker’s signature, we finally have a firm end date for in-person sports betting registration.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.21: Illinois Lawmakers Approve Mobile Betting Remote Registration
- There may be more “March Madness” for Illinois bettors to enjoy as mobile registration for sports betting should be available before the NCAA tournament.