iDEA Growth in the News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.29.19 – Michigan Sports Betting Bills Advance Without Governor’s Support [iDEA Growth support referenced by Representative Iden]
- Sports betting legislation is moving in Michigan, advancing with a package of gambling bills through the House Ways and Means Committee on Tuesday.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Gambling Compliance, 10.30.19 – DraftKings, Intralot Selected To Offer Sports Betting In New Hampshire [subscription paywall]
- DraftKings and Intralot were the big winners of a selection process in New Hampshire to offer state-wide sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.19 – DraftKings A Big Winner In New Hampshire
- DraftKings was the big winner in New Hampshire, as the Lottery announced this morning the “scoring summary” from its sports betting Request for Proposal.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.29.19 – DraftKings Scores Best In New Hampshire Sports Betting Operator Search
- DraftKings Sportsbook could be on its way to retail and mobile sports betting licenses in New Hampshire, with a chance to launch this NFL season.
- Play USA, 10.29.19 – Overwhelming Majority Of Americans Support Sports Betting, According To New Poll
- Sports betting is growing in popularity. A recent research study conducted by the Sharkey Institute within the Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University found Americans have begun to embrace sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.29.19 – Two-Thirds Of Americans Think Betting Influences Reactions To NFL Officiating, Poll Finds
- About two-thirds of Americans believe that sports betting influences reactions to officiating in the National Football League, according to a new poll from Seton Hall University.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.19 – MGM Resorts And Yahoo Sports Enter Into Historic Sports Betting Partnership
- Yahoo Sports and MGM Resorts International announced a historic partnership Tuesday that marks the latest in a steady pour of recent deals that will have ramifications for the rapidly growing sports betting market across the U.S.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 10.29.19 – MGM Resorts, Yahoo Sports Sign Sports Betting Partnership Deal
- A wide-ranging new partnership between subsidiaries of MGM Resorts International and Verizon Communications Inc. will result in a new sports betting collaboration on Yahoo Sports.
- US Bets, 10.30.19 – Legal U.S. Sports Betting Explosion: A Fearless Forecast For The Next Five Years
- We know that the amount of money bet legally on sports in the U.S. in 2017 — which was to say, the amount of money bet legally on sports in Nevada — was nearly $5 billion.
- Business Insider, 10.30.19 – How Media Companies Can Capitalize On The Sports Betting Boom, According To A Founder Who Bet On The Space Before It Was Big
- Brian Musburger started Vegas Stats and Information Network, a sports network built for gamblers, in 2017 — more than a year before a US Supreme Court decision lifted a federal ban on sports wagering and spurred more companies to get in on the action.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.29.19 – Happy Two-Year Anniversary Gaming Expansion Law
- Happy 2nd anniversary to the Pennsylvania gambling expansion law. To date, it’s generated over $480 million in gambling revenue for the state.
- Online Poker Report, 10.30.19 – Michigan Gambling Package Clears Committee With Slots, Higher Taxes Included
- Tax rates are going way up for proposed online gambling legislation in Michigan.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.19 – Michigan Lawmakers Send Sports Betting Bill To House Floor
- Michigan Representative Brandt Iden got his sports betting and internet gaming package out of the Ways and Means Committee on Tuesday, advancing a bill’s march to the governor’s office for the second consecutive year.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.30.19 – Kentucky Senate Leader Poised To Launch Sports-Betting Campaign In 2020 [subscription paywall]
- The majority leader of the Kentucky Senate on Tuesday announced plans to sponsor legislation in 2020 to legalize sports betting but reiterated his opposition to casino gambling in the Bluegrass State.
- Colorado Public Radio, 10.29.19 – Millions Are Being Poured Into An Advertising Push For Propositions CC And DD Before The Election
- Proponents of Propositions CC and DD spent $2.7 million on advertising in the final weeks before the election, according to campaign finance reports that cover most of October.
- Associated Press, 10.29.19 – Sports Wagering In Montana Moving Forward
- The Montana Lottery has avoided a major obstacle in its effort to offer sports wagering by the end of the year.
- Oregon Business, 10.29.19 – Gambling App Could Bring Revenue, And Unexpected Cost
- The Oregon Lottery’s new sports betting app has been a success, but public health experts warn of hidden costs.
- The Laconia Daily Sun, 10.29.19 – Laconia To Vote On Allowing Sports Betting
- Voters from Laconia and eight other cities will vote on whether to permit the operation of physical sports book retail locations within their communities during city elections on Tuesday, Nov. 5.
- iGaming Business, 10.29.19 – RI Sports Betting Revenue Rockets In September
- Rhode Island sports betting revenue almost tripled month-on-month to $2.5m in September, with an increase in retail betting accompanied by the first contribution from mobile.
Sports League News:
- The Gazette, 10.29.19 – NCAA Opens Door To Student-Athletes Earning Pay
- Amid rising pressure from lawmakers including two in Iowa to let college athletes profit from their fame, the NCAA announced Tuesday it would consider rule changes giving college athletes “the opportunity to benefit from the use of their name, image and likeness in a manner consistent with the collegiate model.”