iDEA Growth Member News:
- Local Memphis, 10.29.20 – Online Sports Betting Coming To Tennessee Sunday (FanDuel, DraftKings, GVC Holdings)
- Online sports betting is officially coming to Tennessee this Sunday, with four sports books approved to launch.
- Gambling.Com, 10.29.20 – BetMGM, FanDuel Launching Sports Betting In Tennessee Sunday
- BetMGM and FanDuel said Thursday they will launch their apps in Tennessee on Sunday, the target date set by the Tennessee Education Lottery Corp. for the sports betting market going live. DraftKings and Action 247 have also been approved to launch.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.30.20 – How New FanDuel Sportsbook Could Help Extend NJ Sports Betting Edge
- FanDuel Sportsbook is opening a second retail sports betting presence in New Jersey thanks to an expanded partnership with Twin River.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.29.20 – FanDuel Sportsbook Expands IL Sports Betting Presence With Fairmount
- A long-rumored partnership involving FanDuel Sportsbook and a track with a prime retail location in Illinois is finally moving forward.
- iGB North America, 10.30.20 – FanDuel And Twin River To Open New Retail Sportsbook In NJ
- Flutter Entertainment’s FanDuel Group has expanded its partnership with Twin River Worldwide Holdings to launch a new retail sportsbook at the Bally’s Atlantic City Hotel and Casino in New Jersey.
- iGB North America, 10.30.20 – FanDuel Lands New Deal With Entercom Communications
- Sports wagering and daily fantasy sports operator FanDuel has entered into a partnership with US sports radio and audio provider Entercom Communications.
- SBC Americas, 10.30.20 – DraftKings Pink ‘Em Initiative Raises $113K For Breast Cancer Research
- The second-annual DraftKings Pink ‘Em initiative, a month long philanthropic effort that features four charity contests on each NFL Sunday in October, has raised $113,000 to help fund breast cancer research in collaboration with the Larry Fitzgerald Foundation.
Sports League News:
- NASCAR, 10.30.20 – NASCAR, Wynn Resorts Announce National Multi-Year Sports Betting Partnership
- ASCAR and WynnBET, the digital gaming division of Wynn Resorts Ltd. that is responsible for Wynn’s mobile sportsbook and casino app, announced Friday a multi-year national sports betting partnership.
- US Bets, 10.29.20 – NFL Players Union Gains A Key Daily Fantasy Sports Partnership
- Every week, it seems — and occasionally, seemingly every day — there is another announcement about a partnership between a gaming company and a major pro sports league.
- WTOP, 10.30.20 – Betting On The Future: Ted Leonsis On Bringing Sports Betting Out Of The Shadows
- As more and more states and cities give the green light to sports betting, the days of bookies and backrooms likely will be replaced by partnerships between sporting venues and sportsbooks.
- PlayVirginia, 10.29.20 – What Virginians Need To Know About Tennessee Sports Betting Launch
- Virginians take note — your neighbors are having a party this weekend.
- The Baltimore Sun, 10.29.20 – Millions More Spent To Persuade Voters To Approve Sports Betting In Maryland
- Pro-gambling groups have spent another $1.6 million trying to convince Marylanders to approve sports betting, on top of $2 million they previously spent.
- Nashville Post, 10.29.20 – Report: More Sports Betting Outfits Apply
- Churchill Downs, Wynn among those seeking permission to operate as Tennessee nears kickoff.
- SBC Americas, 10.29.20 – Tennessee’s Unique Sports Betting Approach Could Lead To $6bn In Annual Bets
- According to PlayTenn analysts, Tennessee’s sportsbooks could generate $6bn in bets annually once the market reaches maturity.
- iGB North America, 10.29.20 – Tennessee Lottery Approved Events For Sports Betting
- The Tennessee Education Lottery (TEL)’s board of directors has approved an initial list of sporting events for online wagering in the state, to be published on its website in the near future.
- Sports Handle, 10.29.20 – Fairmount Park Awarded Sports Betting License By Illinois Gaming Board
- Fairmount Park was awarded a Master Sports Wagering License and was given “preliminary suitable” status to add casino games on Thursday at an Illinois Gaming Board special meeting. The track has plans plans to expand by adding a racino.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.30.20 – Illinois Casino Expansion Pushed Back To 2021 (subscription paywall)
- One year after the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) received applications for five new casino licenses, the board’s chief official has said applicants will have to wait up to another six months for a decision.
- PlayIllinois, 10.29.20 – After Year’s Wait, No New Illinois Casino Licenses Handed Out At Special IGB Meeting
- The Oct. 28, 2020, deadline for four new Illinois casino license decisions has come and gone. And none were handed out at Thursday’s special Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) meeting.
- iGB, 29.20 – William Hill Launches Online and Mobile Sports Betting In Indiana
- William Hill has announced the launch of its online and mobile sports wagering offering in the state of Indiana.
- PlayColorado, 10.29.20 – Barstool Retail Sportsbook Set To Launch Next Thursday At The Ameristar
- Don’t look now, but we have Barstool launch news.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.30.20 – Nevada Seeks New Gaming Czar, Mulls Remote Registration (subscription paywall)
- As the Nevada Gaming Control Board prepares to allow remote registration for mobile sports betting, the agency is also looking for a new leader.