iDEA Growth Member News:
- Bloomberg, 10.30.19 – DraftKings Is Said To Be In Talks To Sell To Diamond Eagle
- Blank-check company Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp. is in advanced talks to buy DraftKings Inc., the fantasy sports and gambling company, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Axios, 10.31.19 – Sports Betting Site DraftKings Is Reportedly In “Advanced Talks” To Sell
- Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), is in “advanced talks” to buy DraftKings, Bloomberg’s Scott Soshnick reports.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.30.19 – DraftKings Sportsbook Ready To Launch Mobile PA Sports Betting App
- DraftKings Sportsbook expects to make its Pennsylvania debut Monday as the sixth online sportsbook to launch in the Keystone State.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.30.19 – DraftKings Sportsbook Set To Go Live In PA On Nov. 4
- DraftKings Sportsbook received conditional approval for a conditional sports wagering license during the Oct. 30 Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) meeting. DraftKings plans to soft-launch on Monday, Nov. 4, through Penn National’s license. It is Pennsylvania’s sixth online sportsbook.
- Union Leader, 10.30.19 – NH Picks DraftKings And Intralot For Sports Betting Partners With Early 2020 Start
- Fantasy sports betting giant DraftKings and computer technology leader Intralot have won the initial competition to provide sports-betting services in New Hampshire, with initial bets coming as soon as January.
- Gambling Insider, 10.30.19 – DraftKings Top Bidding For New Hampshire Sports Betting
- DraftKings was the top scorer in the bidding process to offer retail and mobile sports betting in the state of New Hampshire.
- Online Poker Report, 10.30.19 – PokerStars Will Open The Pennsylvania Online Poker Market Next Week
- The official word from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) is that PokerStars is ready to go forward with a test launch of its PA online poker site on Monday, Nov. 4.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.30.19 – PokerStars Scheduled To Soft-Launch Pennsylvania Online Poker Nov. 4
- Online poker is finally coming to Pennsylvania. And the first online poker room to launch will be PokerStars on Monday, Nov. 4, Play Pennsylvania has confirmed.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.30.19 – Silver In The Garden: NJ, Nevada Sports Betting Handle Push $1 Billion
- Nevada sportsbooks continue to show seasonal strength with one of their highest handle totals on record.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.31.19 – Michigan Sports Betting And Online Gaming Bills Clear House, Governor Still Opposed (subscription paywall)
- The Michigan House of Representatives passed a package of gaming bills on Wednesday that would legalize sports betting and online casino gaming, but the bills still have yet to earn the support of Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
- Associated Press, 10.30.19 – Michigan House Passes Sports Betting, Online Gambling Bills
- Sports betting and online gambling would become legal at Michigan casinos under legislation approved Wednesday by the House, though Gov. Gretchen Whitmer continues to have concerns that the expansion could syphon revenue from the state’s iLottery.
- Online Poker Report, 10.30.19 – Michigan House Passes Online Gambling Package With Slots, Higher Taxes Included
- Before advancing the Lawful Internet Gaming Act through the Michigan House Ways and Means Committee on Tuesday, Rep. Brandt Iden added a tiered tax structure that would reach as high as 26.25% for commercial casinos. The full House of Representatives passed the bill by a 63-45 vote on Wednesday afternoon.
- The Denver Channel, 10.30.19 – Colorado Voters Deciding If The State Should Allow Gambling On Sports
- Colorado voters are currently deciding if sports betting will become legal in the state.
Sports League News:
- Seattle Times, 10.30.19 – Muckleshoot Sponsorship Deal With NHL Seattle Could Have Future Sports Gambling Implications
- A new sponsorship deal between NHL Seattle, the Oak View Group (OVG) and the Muckleshoot Casino holds intriguing potential for all sides as state lawmakers push to legalize some sports gaming locally.