iDEA Growth Member News
- Gaming News: Sportradar CEO Named Entrepreneur of the Year
- Carsten Koerl, founder and CEO of global sports technology company Sportradar, was named Entrepreneur Of The Year at a gala event in Dübendorf, Switzerland. The high-profile award recognizes Koerl’s long-lasting achievements and history of success, elevating him among the best Swiss entrepreneurs.
- BusinessWire: Global Payments Reports Third Quarter 2022 Results
- Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. “We delivered record results in the third quarter consistent with our raised cycle guidance (on a constant currency basis and excluding dispositions), highlighting the resiliency of our business model and our ongoing track record of execution across market cycles,” said Jeff Sloan, Chief Executive Officer.
- PlayUSA: Class Action Lawsuit Against MGM Resorts Moves Forward
- An MGM lawsuit that has been ongoing for more than two years looks like it could start to move toward a resolution. Last week, a federal court in Nevada authorized class-action status for the case.
- Bloomberg News: Financial Regulator Poised To Deny U.S. Political Gambling Before November Polls
- The top US derivatives regulator is poised to deny a plan that could let Americans bet on politics ahead of next month’s elections. Commodity Futures Trading Commission staff have recommended that the agency reject a bid by the exchange Kalshi Inc. to offer contracts that would let people wager $25,000 on which party will control Congress, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
- SBC Americas: Talking Record September Betting Hold With Darren Rovell, Patrick Everson
- WhenTennessee proposed a mandatory 10% hold requirement to run a sportsbook in the state back in 2020, the industry collectively said that expectation was impossible. Conventional wisdom at the time was that Nevada’s 5-6% hold rate would hold true across the US, so a number that is almost double that seemed impossible to hit on a consistent basis.
- PlayFL: Florida Gaming Control Commission Publishes Five-Year Economic Plan
- After being established last year, the Florida Gaming Control Commission continues to move forward with its regulatory plans. As a result, It recently published its five-year economic growth plan.
- SportsHandle: Answering Key Questions About Maryland’s Mobile Wagering Launch
- Maryland is about a month away from a legal mobile sports wagering launch. As the launch nears, I receive more and more questions from Marylanders wondering how the rollout will look. Want a better understanding of how the next 4-6 weeks will look like for Maryland sports bettors? Here are the most frequently asked questions surrounding the state’s launch and answers to those common inquiries.
- SBC Americas: Play’n GO Supplies Gaming Content To BetMGM In New Jersey
- Gaming entertainment supplier Play’n GO has further expanded in the US by adding operator BetMGM to its list of clients in the state of New Jersey. Under the terms of the deal, BetMGM’s users in the Garden State can now play classic games and new releases from Play’n GO including Ankh of Anubis, Cat Wilde and the Lost Chapter, Cash Pump, and Blinged.
- The Oklahoman: Talks To Expand Betting In Oklahoma Have Stalled. So 3 Tribes Are Forging A Different Path
- In the 1990s, a deadlock over gambling in Oklahoma prompted tribes to revolutionize bingo, creating an industry that would evolve into the Vegas-style casinos that dot the state today. History may be on repeat a generation later. This time it involves mobile betting, including on sports in some cases.