Industry News of the Day for October 4, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.4.21: Flutter Appoints New FanDuel CEO Howe From Inside The Family
- Flutter Entertainment stayed in-house to appoint a new FanDuel CEO, sticking with interim leader Amy Howe.
- SBC, 10.4.21: Amy Howe Appointed Permanent CEO Of Fanduel Group
- Gaming group Flutter has confirmed the promotion of Amy Howe as CEO of FanDuel after what it described as an “extensive selection process”. She was appointed CEO in an interim capacity in July.
- Financial Times, 10.4.21: New Fanduel Chief Says Race For US Gamblers Is A Bubble
- A race to grab share of the US sports betting market is unsustainable and will end in companies failing, according to the new chief executive of FanDuel.
- Paysafe, 10.4.21: Paysafe Powers Online Payments For Montana Lottery’s Sportsbook
- Paysafe, a leading specialized payments platform, today announced a new partnership with INTRALOT, a leading global gaming solutions supplier.
- SBC, 10.4.21: Draftkings Plans New Uncommons Las Vegas Office To Open In 2022
- DraftKings Inc is to open a new office location in Las Vegas where the company expects to eventually have an expanded team of more than 1,000 employees.
- SBC, 10.4.21: Sightline Payments And Konami Gaming To Deliver Cashless Gaming At Resorts World Las Vegas
- Sightline Payments and Konami Gaming Inc have combined forces to deliver cashless gaming solutions through the former’s Play+ digital payments technology and the latter’s SYNKROS casino management system.
- Sports Handle, 10.4.21: What’s On Tap: G2E, Opening Round Of MLB Playoffs, Week 5 In The NFL
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 10.1.21: Get A Grip —The Week In Sports Betting: Live In Connecticut, Endeavoring For OpenBet, Louisiana Updates, Washington State & More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.1.21: ‘It’s Not That Hard, Larry’: Examining Maryland Sports Betting Comments
- Maryland sports betting regulators have 351 pages of public comments to consider before they hope to finalize rules later this month.
- Play VA, 10.1.21: Virginia Bounces Back From Summer Swoon With August 2021 Sports Betting Handle
- The August 2021 sports betting handle has left Virginia sportsbooks with a bit more pep in their step after a successful bounce back.
- Boston Herald, 10.3.21: Odds Shrinking For Sports Betting Legalization This Year In Massachusetts
- The odds that Massachusetts lawmakers will legalize sports betting this year are shrinking as state Senate leaders signaled the money-making measure isn’t high on the fall priority list.
- Play IA, 10.1.21: Oneida Tribe Aims To Begin Offering Wisconsin Sports Betting In About A Month
- The Oneida Nation surprised everybody in July when it amended its compact with Wisconsin to include sports betting.
- Arizona Central, 10.4.21: How Gaming Sites Are Stepping Up To Ensure Sports Betting Is Done Responsibly
- Legal sports betting has taken off in a big way in Arizona, with fans embracing the opportunity to legally wager on their favorite sports.
- Yahoo Finance, 10.4.21: Puyallup Tribe of Indians and BetMGM Establish Partnership to Operate Sports Betting at Emerald Queen Casino in Washington
- BetMGM, a leading sports betting and iGaming operator, announced today an exclusive market access partnership with the Puyallup Tribe of Indians to operate retail sports betting at the Emerald Queen Casino (EQC) in Washington state.