Industry News of the Day for October 9, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 10.8.20 – DraftKings’ CEO Jason Robins: So Much More Out There To Bet On
- DraftKings founder and CEO Jason Robins isn’t about looking at the negative. So, once the company’s employees were safe and comfortably situated in their remote offices when the COVID-19 crisis began sweeping the U.S. in March, Robins and DraftKings decided to use it as a chance to explore.
- PlayWV, 10.8.20 – WV Sportsbooks Seeing Massive Bets Early In The 2020 NFL Season (DraftKings, FanDuel)
- It is no surprise that a lot of the betting handle in the Mountain State and around the country is coming online. Sports betting apps are generating more wagers than ever, and taking some sizable bets worth noting.
- SBC Americas, 10.9.20 – NetEnt Extends DraftKings Deal To Enter Pennsylvania And West Virginia
- Online gaming solutions provider NetEnt is aiming to follow up on its success in New Jersey, by going live with DFS and sportsbook operator DraftKings in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- PlayMichigan, 10.9.20 – Stuck In Neutral: Which Online Poker Brands Are Coming To Michigan? (The Stars Group, 888)
- It appears Michigan online poker players will someday be able to compete across state lines.
- PlayUSA, 10.8.20 – 3 States Have Sports Betting Legalization On Their Ballots. But Will They Pass?
- If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that everything, and I mean everything, can change overnight. This theory also applies to the legalization of sports betting.
Overall Industry News:
- PlayNJ, 10.8.20 – Bettorview Looks To Enrich Sports Bettors’ Experiences With Enhanced Data, Social Components
- The biggest component of the sports betting industry in the United States of America that operators are still trying to figure out how to fully capitalize on is the demand for an engaging social element to the experience. The BettorView video conferencing platform may provide a solution.
Sports League News:
- iGB North America, 10.9.20 – Aristocrat Partners Las Vegas Raiders NFL Franchise
- Gaming group Aristocrat Technologies has become an official partner of the NFL’s Las Vegas Raiders and its Allegiant Stadium, the new 65,000-capacity arena in Nevada.
- PlayMichigan, 10.8.20 – State Senator Believes Michigan Needs Historical Horse Racing To Save Industry
- Horse racing is a dying industry in Michigan, down to a single racetrack from a peak of eight. State Sen. Jim Ananich thinks he has the solution to reverse this course — historical horse racing.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.9.20 – Nebraska Voters To Determine Fate Of Casino Initiatives (subscription paywall)
- As early voting continues in Nebraska, supporters and opponents of legalizing gambling turned out Thursday evening for the first of several public hearings to clarify their positions on three ballot initiatives that would legalize, tax and regulate casinos.
- PlayIA, 10.8.20 – Conservative Leaders Rally Against Nebraska Casino Ballot Measure
- If voters in the Cornhusker State approve a Nebraska casino measure next month, it will be in spite of the wishes of the NE governor and other conservative leaders.
- iGB North America, 10.9.20 – Iowa Sportsbooks Set Handle Record, Bring In $5.2M In Sept
- Iowa sports betting revenue grew to $5.2m in September as the state broke its record for amounts wagered in a month.
- PlayColorado, 10.8.20 – Sports Betting Taxes Already Flowing To Water Conservation
- Since the legalization of sports betting in Colorado, one of the benefits is water conservation.
- KDVR, 10.9.20 – ‘It’s A Top 5 State’; Colorado Sports Betting Continues To Set Records
- It has been five months since sports betting was legalized in Colorado, and as more sports return, big money is beginning to flow.
- PlayColorado, 10.8.20 – What Is Amendment C? Well, It Isn’t Your Grandma’s Bingo
- Colorado citizens eligible to vote know what bingo is. What they may not know is how much bingo helps their community.
- The Action Network, 10.9.20 – Oklahoma Sports Betting Still Unlikely After Tribes’ Compact Decision
- Oklahoma sports betting is no closer to reality after two tribes announced they would still adhere to gaming compacts the state supreme court invalidated last month.
- Gambling.Com, 10.8.20 – Oregon September Sports Betting Handle Up, Revenue Down
- With the introduction of pro football to the sports betting landscape in September, Oregon had a surprising up-and-down month to the beginning of fall.
- FingerLakes1, 10.8.20 – Could Mobile Sports Betting Be Legalized By Winter? Bill Gets Renewed Attention From Albany
- Last week, John Sullivan, the host of Sportsbook Confidential on FingerLakes1.com sat down with Josh Durso to discuss the topic of mobile betting.
- The Southern Maryland Chronicle, 10.8.20 – Should Sports Betting Be Legal In Maryland?
- Two members of the Senate Budget and Taxation Committee who sit on opposites sides of the aisle emphasized their support for an initiative on the November 3 ballot that would legalize sports betting in Maryland-highlighting potential economic gains and downplaying potential negative consequences.