iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 8.31.20 – Flutter Interim Results Presentation Hints At Rewards For PokerStars Players (The Stars Group)
- Flutter released its interim results for H1 2020 last week. It’s the first bit of official financial communication from the company since its all-shares tie-up with The Stars Group (TSG) went through in May.
- Sports Handle, 8.31.20 – Status Check: Six More States May Legalize Sports Wagering in 2020
- Despite a once-in-a-century pandemic, a three-month suspension of most major professional sports around the world, and the temporary closure of casinos and sportsbooks throughout the U.S., the first eight months of 2020 have been remarkably busy for legal sports wagering.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.31.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: ‘Good’ And ‘Bad’ Actors, Rejoice!
- News flow was dominated by sports betting stories out of Illinois last week, which is on its way to becoming a very important market in the US.
- Sports Handle, 8.30.20 – 14 Awesome Sports Betting Podcasts Worth Your Time
- There’s dozens of sports betting podcasts out there to enjoy whenever you’ve got the time.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.31.20 – Bettors Rejecting Awful Intralot Prices Throughout US Sports Betting Market
- Even the pent-up demand to bet on US sports isn’t enough for bettors in Montana and Washington DC to consider Intralot‘s offensive lines.
- Bloomberg, 9.1.20 – William Hill Eyes Caesars Online Gaming After Cantor Sports Deal
- British bookmaker William Hill Plc completed its purchase of CG Technology, the sports-betting outfit spun off from Cantor Fitzgerald LP, and will now shift its focus to merging its U.S. business with the online casino operations of longtime partner Caesars Entertainment Inc.
- Fox Business, 8.31.20 – NFL Betting Will Be ‘Business As Usual,’ Online Casino Software CEO Says
- It’s ‘a reasonable expectation’ to believe the NFL ‘is going to recommence and see through the season to some degree of normalcy’ GAN CEO said.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 9.1.20 – Collapse And Recovery: The COVID-19 Casino Shutdown In Numbers
- There are few areas of the US economy that haven’t been touched by the COVID-19 pandemic. The brick-and-mortar casino industry has been one of the hardest hit, however, along with other forms of live, social entertainment, such as bars and restaurants.
- Chicago Tribune, 8.31.20 – ‘Rush Hour,’ A New National Weekday Sports Betting Show, To Broadcast From Rivers Casino In Des Plaines
- “Rush Hour,” a new national weeknight sports gambling program, will broadcast live from the sports book at Des Plaines’ Rivers Casino beginning Tuesday, Vegas Stats & Information Network and Rush Street Interactive announced Monday.
Sports League News:
- iGB North America, 9.1.20 – FanDuel Becomes Official PGA Tour Betting Operator
- US-based fantasy and sports betting operator FanDuel has signed a multi-year content and marketing agreement with the PGA Tour, with a view to expanding upon the increased betting momentum on professional golf markets seen in 2020.
- Penn Bets, 9.1.20 – PA Officials’ Quest For A Fifth Mini-Casino To Be Determined Wednesday Morning
- Only a select few people know presently whether anyone believes it’s worth a minimum $7.5 million bid, plus construction cost, to build a fifth mini-casino in Pennsylvania, but everyone will know the answer shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- Com, 8.31.20 – Rhode Island July Sports Betting Handle Climbs 231.5%
- With casinos open and the in-person registration requirement lifted, Rhode Island saw its total sports betting handle jump 231.5% in July.
- The Day, 8.31.20 – No Talk On Sports Betting Until Tribes’ Exclusive Rights Recognized
- Sportech, PLC’s recent op-ed blamed the Tribes for “blocking” legislation to legalize sports betting. A more candid approach would acknowledge that both the Mashantucket Pequot and Mohegan Tribal Nations supported legislation legalizing sports betting as proposed by the Connecticut Jobs and Revenue Act.
- PlayVirginia, 8.31.20 – Norfolk Casino Committee Launches To Promote Referendum
- A potential Norfolk casino took one step closer to reality.
- iGB North America, 9.1.20 – Boyd Gaming And FanDuel Launch Sports Betting In Illinois
- US casino operator Boyd Gaming has expanded its partnership with FanDuel Group to launch a new online, mobile and retail sports betting offering in the state of Illinois.
- US Bets, 8.31.20 – City Of Chicago Issues RFI For Potential Downtown Casino
- The city of Chicago took another small step towards the building of a casino in the downtown area Thursday, issuing a RFI (Request for Information) seeking ideas and strategies to “develop and operate a world-class casino in Chicago.”
- PlayIndiana, 9.1.20 – Indiana Hits Its One Year Sports Betting Anniversary, What Does The Future Hold?
- It’s been one year since sports betting started in Indiana. The state’s first year in business was certainly a successful one.
- PlayNevada, 8.31.20 – Nevada Casinos Allowed To Take Bets On The Kentucky Derby
- The Kentucky Derby will take place this Saturday, Sept. 6 instead of its normal “first Saturday in May” date. Believe it or not, there was a possibility that Nevada sportsbooks wouldn’t be able to take parimutuel wagers on the 145th Run For The Roses.