Industry News of the Day for September 1, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 9.1.21: Kindred Launches Unibet Mobile Sportsbook In Iowa
- Unibet, Kindred’s flagship brand, has expanded into Iowa as part of its multi-state partnership with Caesars.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.1.21: DraftKings, BetMGM Could Start Wyoming Sports Betting Market Today
- Two sportsbooks could launch the Wyoming sports betting market Wednesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.31.21: PointsBet, Cliff Castle Raise Questions In Arizona Sports Betting Process
- Without a license, the Yavapai-Apache Nation and PointsBet will work to find new ways into Arizona sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 8.31.21: BetMGM, DraftKings, FanDuel To Run California Digital Sports Betting Initiative
- The nation’s three biggest sports betting operators are banding together to take the lead on running another referendum on a November 2022 ballot — this one in California, which, with a population approaching 40 million, will likely be the biggest sports betting state by handle in America.
- CT Mirror, 8.31.21: With Approach Of NFL Season, Connecticut Adopts ‘Emergency’ Sports Betting Regulations
- Would the inability to make legal bets on how Tom Brady will perform on the opening night of the NFL season constitute an emergency? Connecticut’s governor and some lawmakers would seem to think so.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.31.21: CT Sports Betting Regulations Passed But Process Continues
- The CT sports betting market took a step forward Tuesday as a joint legislative committee approved emergency betting regulations.
- Play VA, 9.1.21: Virginia Sports Betting Suffers Summer Slump As July Handle Dips To Record Low
- Sports bettors in Virginia produced the lowest total handle for a month after wagering just $161.9 million in July.
- Forbes, 9.1.21: Sports Illustrated To Launch Betting App In Colorado
- The first game of the NFL season—the Dallas Cowboys versus the reigning Super Bowl champions Tampa Bay Buccaneers—is nine days away and Sports Illustrated is getting ready to take action from gamblers.
- Herald Net, 9.1.21: Tribal Casinos Get Federal OK To Set Up Sports Betting
- The Tulalip and Stillaguamish tribes can proceed with sports betting in their casinos after they cleared a final hurdle Wednesday.