iDEA Growth Member News:
- Reuters, 9.9.19 – Online Sports Betting Sites Score As NFL Season Gets Underway [DraftKings]
- Top online sports betting services reported strong consumer interest with the start of the National Football League’s new season, a key driver for the fast-growing sites.
- SBC Americas, 9.9.19 – Scientific Games and Caesars Continue Sports Betting Push Into Indiana [SG Digital]
- Scientific Games Corporation and Caesars Entertainment continue to move ahead with developments in Indiana at a significant pace, with plans to launch sportsbook facilities at six further venues this month.
- SBC Americas, 9.10.19 – Scientific Games Brings Sports Betting To Yellow Brick Road Casino [SG Digital]
- Scientific Games Corporation has teamed up with the Oneida Indian Nation to deliver sports betting services at New York’s Yellow Brick Road Casino in Chittenango.
- PYMNTS, 9.9.19 – Payments Innovation Fuels Rise In Football Gambling [EML Payments]
- A new NFL football season wasn’t the only thing that kicked off in recent days. It’s also the start of another football gambling season — one that involves mobile commerce and digital payments, and companies trying to innovate their way to success in this growing field of transactions.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.9.19 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Open Season For NFL And College Football
- With a successful rookie season under its belt, US sports betting is ready to put on a show in 2019.
- NJ Online Gambling, 9.9.19 – New Jersey Governor Defends State Sports Betting Tax Rate
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy is still high on his state’s sports betting industry, even as a dozen other states now have legal industries in the aftermath of PASPA’s demise in May 2018.
- NBC Washington, 9.9.19 – What The District Can Learn From West Virginia’s First Year Of Sports Gambling
- As West Virginia lawmakers debated greenlighting sports betting in 2018, they pointed to predictions that allowing people to bet on games would bring more than $5 million in tax revenue the first year alone.
- Western Slope Now, 9.10.19 – Sports Betting Might Just Save Colorado’s Water Supply
- A question that will be on the ballot in November will ask voters whether to legalize sports betting in Colorado casinos. A majority of the taxes generated would go to fund Colorado’s water conservation plan.
- KCTV News, 9.9.19 – Players Cross State Lines To Gamble On Sports Betting
- In Kansas, Democratic State Rep. Stephanie Clayton says she doesn’t foresee them passing any sports betting legislation before the end of the year because they are not in legislative session and are not planning to go into session until January.
- Inside Indiana Business, 9.9.19 – ‘Tremendous Excitement’ Around Indiana Sports Wagering Launch
- The chief executive officer of the Casino Association of Indiana says pent up demand has helped generate “tremendous excitement” and big crowds at new sports books throughout the state.
- News 10, 9.9.19 – Casinos Boast Sports Betting Success
- The first weekend of sports betting in New York appears to be kicking off on a high note. Casinos across New York boasted big turnouts for football betting at their new betting lounges.
- Providence Journal, 9.9.19 – I. Judge Tosses Lawsuit Aimed At Sports Betting
- A Superior Court judge Monday threw out on technical grounds a lawsuit aiming to halt legal sports betting in Rhode Island, but left open the possibility a similar case could be successful with another plaintiff.
- New Hampshire Union Leader, 9.9.19 – Berlin To Vote On Sports Betting In November
- Voters have already said “yes” to Keno in Berlin and following a recent action by the City Council, they will have a say on whether sports betting will be welcome, too.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 9.10.19 – NFL Pushes The Envelope On Official Data As It Benefits From Sports Betting Expansion
- Expansion of regulated sports betting across the country will positively affect the NFL with increased fan engagement, according to a survey released by the American Gaming Association.
- US Bets, 9.9.19 – NASCAR Embracing Sports Betting, Seeing Increased Fan Engagement From In-Race Wagering
- Last year’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling that permitted all states outside of Nevada to open the gates to sports betting didn’t just impact the NCAA and the four pro sports organizations that lost their battle with New Jersey. Every sport had to grapple with the implications.
Overall Industry News:
- PlayUSA, 9.9.19 – Security Firm’s Scare Tactic May Kill More Betting Business Than It Brings
- An internet security firm sent out a warning recently. It said the spread of legal online and mobile sports betting across the US and the kickoff of the NFL season could bring about an increase in fraud.