iDEA Growth Power Lunch Summit:
Today at 12 PM! Obtaining an online gaming license can be an exhaustive ordeal, and keeping your license can be just as challenging. Learn how to fortify your business practices to protect your online gaming license by joining our high-profile panel of legal experts and gaming executives who will share actionable ideas and insights from their wide-ranging experiences. Register Now.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Gambling Compliance, 9.10.20 – Potential Virginia Operators Push For Changes To Olympic Betting, Advertising Restrictions (DraftKings, FanDuel; subscription paywall)
- With regulations set to be approved by the Virginia Lottery Board next week, potential market entrants and other stakeholders have weighed in on proposals, including a potential ban on Olympic event wagering and the criteria used to select operators.
- Virginia Mercury, 9.10.20 – Virginia Rolls Out Initial Sports Betting Rules. Big Gambling Platforms Push Back (DraftKings, FanDuel)
- Sports betting hasn’t arrived in Virginia in time for the start of the NFL season, but state officials are fine-tuning the rules for how the newly legalized industry will work when it starts up in early 2021.
- SBC Americas, 9.10.20 – Accel Entertainment And DraftKings Partner Up In Illinois
- Illinois-based distributed gaming operator Accel Entertainment has entered into an exclusive agreement with DFS and sportsbook operator DraftKings this week.
- SBC Americas, 9.10.20 – NFL Strikes Transatlantic Sponsorship Agreement With 888sports
- The NFL has struck a first-of-its-kind sponsorship deal this week that sees its brand link with 888sports. Under the terms of the agreement, sports betting provider 888sport becomes the NFL’s official sports betting partner in the UK and Ireland.
- Peoria Journal Star, 9.9.20 – FanDuel Launches Betting App, Plans Sportsbook In Par-A-Dice Casino In East Peoria
- Sportsbook giant FanDuel is betting on central Illinois. FanDuel launched an app for its online betting service in partnership with Boyd Gaming’s Par-A-Dice Casino in August.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.10.20 – New NFL Season Creates Perfect Storm For Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- It was the worst of times and now it may be the best of times for the U.S. sports-betting market as the 2020 National Football League (NFL) season opens Thursday, and wagers can be placed on games played in all four major professional leagues.
- iGB North America, 9.10.20 – AGA Urges Clamp-Down On Illegal NFL Online Betting
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has called for more to be done to tackle illegal online gambling websites, after a study forecast an increase in consumers using offshore sites to place online bets on the 2020-21 National Football League (NFL) season.
- PlayUSA, 9.9.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Kentucky Derby Betting Way Down At Churchill Downs
- There was certainly no shortage of on-the-track action at the 146th Kentucky Derby over the weekend.
Overall Industry News:
- News 3 LV, 9.9.20 – Caesars, ESPN Cut Ribbon For New Betting-Focused Studio On Las Vegas Strip
- Executives with Caesars Entertainment and ESPN formally celebrated the opening of the network’s new studio on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Delaware Public Media, 9.9.20 – Delaware Lottery Cautiously Hopeful Football Will Provide The Usual Sports Betting Boost
- The Delaware Lottery is hopeful the start of the NFL season will mark the return of some normalcy to sports betting revenue.
- PlayMichigan, 9.10.20 – Many Michigan Sportsbooks Will Miss NFL Kickoff Thursday Night
- When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, many Michigan sportsbooks planned openings shifted from summer to football season.
- PlayIL, 9.9.20 – 10 Days And Counting: Will COVID-19 Surge Keep Illinois Mobile Registration Alive?
- On Aug. 21, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker temporarily lifted the in-person sports betting registration requirement until Sept. 19. But what happens on Sept. 19?
- PlayColorado, 9.9.20 – William Hill Launches Mobile Sports Betting App In Colorado
- William Hill is now a full-go in Colorado. That brings the total to 13 Colorado betting apps and eight retail outlets.
- iGB North America, 9.10.20 – William Hill Launches Sportsbook In Colorado, Rolls Out CBS Content
- William Hill’s US business has announced the launch of its online and mobile sportsbook in Colorado, while the bookmaker has also rolled out the first selection of content and products through its new partnership with CBS Sports.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.10.20 – Nevada Regulator Calls For Tighter Laws To Prohibit Illegal Bookmaking (subscription paywall)
- Although close collaboration across jurisdictions is key to preventing betting scandals, there is no reason than an expanded U.S. sports-betting industry has to lead to an increase in criminal activity, Nevada’s top gaming regulator said Wednesday.