iDEA Growth Member News
- iGB, 9.9.22 – WNBA to integrate FanDuel odds following partnership extension
- FanDuel and the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) have signed a multi-year extension of their partnership. It comes five years after the partnership was first established, and sees FanDuel become an official sportsbook partner of the WNBA. FanDuel had already operated the WNBA’s official daily fantasy game, as its official daily fantasy partner. Amy Howe, CEO for FanDuel, is quoted in this story.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.9.22 – FanDuel Beefs Up Horse Racing Offerings With Churchill Downs Deal
- Churchill Downs might be pulling out of online sports betting, but it is off to a fast start with its business-to-business horse racing product push by agreeing to a deal with FanDuel Group. Amy Howe, CEO of FanDuel, is quoted in this story.
- Bloomberg, 9.11.22 – Disney CEO Says Sports Betting Is a Reason for Keeping ESPN
- Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Officer Bob Chapek said the ESPN sports networks are critical to his overall vision of the company, one that involves more direct connections to consumers, including wagering on sports.
- Play CA, 9.9.22 – Daily Fantasy Sports Quench California’s Thirst For ‘Betting’ Action
- California has yet to take the deep dive into legal sports betting. However, action-seekers can still dip their toes in the shallower waters of daily fantasy sports. The rapid expansion of sports betting in the United States has diverted attention away from daily fantasy sports (DFS). California sports betting may soon become legal, as competing initiatives are on this year’s general ballot.
- Sports Handle, 9.9.22 – California Proposition 27 Advocates Drop New Ad Contrasting Two Measures
- California’s Proposition 27 campaign this week put forward an ad attempting to clearly define what it stands for — supporting an answer to homelessness and “disadvantaged tribes.” But the tone of the ad shows that the campaign is ramping up efforts to not just get its initiative passed, but to keep Proposition 26 from getting votes.
- California Casinos, 9.9.22 – New September Prop 27 Ad Makes Several Claims on Homelessness. Are They True?
- When the California election is over and we find out if Prop 27 passed or failed, it might be the decision to tie the initiative to California’s homeless problem that proves crucial to the outcome.
- Play CA, 9.9.22 – DraftKings Emails Urge Recipients To Vote Yes On Prop 27
- DraftKings customers in California who checked their email this week got a heavy dose of Proposition 27 promotion. DraftKings sent out a pair of emails urging people to approve the initiative.
- Sports Handle, 9.9.22 – Iowa Sportsbooks Enjoy Bumper August With $14.4M In Revenue
- Harvest season came early for Iowa sportsbooks, which claimed more than $14.4 million in sports wagering revenue in August, according to figures released Friday by the state’s Racing and Gaming Commission.
- Sports Handle, 9.9.22 – Maryland Wagering Commission Hears Comments On Regulations
- The Maryland Sports Wagering Application Review Commission held a public comment meeting Friday, allowing Marylanders to share opinions on proposed sports betting regulations. The period only lasted about 30 minutes, and the few comments shared were brief.
- Gaming Today, 9.9.22 – Maryland Not Budging On Mobile Sports Betting Application Deadline
- Maryland sports betting regulators have no plans to extend the state’s mobile and competitive retail sports wagering application deadline set for Oct. 21. The Maryland Sports Wagering Application Review Commission, or SWARC, made that clear yesterday when it stated on its website that “at this time, Oct. 21, 2022 is the only deadline to submit applications” and application fees for up to 60 mobile and up to 30 competitive retail sports betting licenses available under Maryland’s sports wagering law.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.9.22 – Gaming Commission: Legal MA Sports Betting Not Launching Soon
- It does not appear legal MA sports betting will be launching anytime soon. Bradford Hill of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission expressed frustration at Thursday’s meeting over an inaccurate timeline reported during a local Boston sports radio interview.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.12.22 – Online NY Sports Betting Handle Dips In August Before NFL Starts
- Online NY sports betting handle fell shy of the $1 billion mark for the second straight month. But that is not expected to continue now that NFL betting season is back.
- Sports Handle, 9.9.22 – Home Run For New York Mobile Operators, Who Claimed Highest Win Rate Yet In August
- The Empire State formally became the fifth to surpass $10 billion in sports wagering handle Friday when the New York State Gaming Commission released its full August revenue report.
- Play NY, 9.9.22 – August Uptick In NY Sports Betting Handle Sets Stage For Fantastic Finish To 2022
- As football season kicks into full swing, online sports betting in New York is already back on the upswing. According to data released by the New York State Gaming Commission on Friday, NY sports betting operators combined for $872.2 million in handle during the month of August, nearly $72 million more than the previous month.