iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 9.13.21: Kindred’s Unibet Mobile Sportsbook Live In Arizona With Quechan Tribe
- Kindred Group, through its Unibet brand, has become operational in Arizona via its multi-state partnership with the Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation, broadening its US footprint to six jurisdictions and taking a first step toward the West Coast.
- SBC, 9.13.21: Geocomply Warns Of Dismal Days Ahead For Unlicensed Bookies As Legal Sports Betting Volumes Double
- New data published by GeoComply Solutions this week indicates that the desired shift away from black market sports betting in the US towards legalized forms of sports wagering continues to gather momentum.
- SBC, 9.13.21: Catena Media Acquires Online Sports Betting And Casino Affiliation Assets From I15 Media
- Global igaming lead generation company Catena Media plc has acquired online sports betting and casino affiliation assets from i15 Media LLC in a move, said the firm, that will strengthen its North American operations.
- Play CA, 9.10.21: Sportsbook Operators Fund Calif. Mobile Wagering Initiative (DraftKings, FanDuel mentioned)
- Sports betting operators followed through on their pledge to contribute $100 million to back a California mobile wagering initiative. And there may be more where that came from.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.13.21: DraftKings Extends Indiana Sports Betting Lead With Big August
- DraftKings pushed forward its market lead in Indiana sports betting as the state rebounded in August from a summer floor.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 9.13.21: What’s On Tap: NFL Week 2, Las Vegas Raiders’ Home Opener, Bama-Florida
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Sports Handle, 9.11.21: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: VSiN-YouTube, AZ, Washington, SD, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 9.13.21: With Legal Market Expanded, Sports Betting Hits Record Numbers During Nfl’s Opening Week
- The new legal sports betting market in the U.S. just experienced its busiest four-day stretch ever as the NFL season kicked off.
- IGB, 9.10.21: Connecticut Secures Doi Approval For Amended Gaming Compacts
- The US Department of the Interior (DoI) has given its approval to proposed revisions to gaming compacts between the state of Connecticut and both the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe and Mohegan Tribe.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.10.21: When Will CT Sports Betting Launch After Key Federal Approval?
- The CT sports betting market finally has a target launch date following key federal approvals announced Thursday.
- CBS Baltimore, 9.12.21: Sports Wagering In Maryland In Development Stage Before Bets
- Sports wagering in Maryland is now authorized thanks to a 2020 ballot initiative and a 2021 law, but it may be until 2022 that gamblers get to make their bets on games.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.13.21: Illinois Sports Betting Slides To Low Point In July Revenue Report
- The US sports betting industry can put a slow July behind it now as Illinois sports betting figures rolled in last week.