iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 9.20.21: Pointsbet Hires Jeff Gamble As Vice President Of Creative
- Online gaming operator PointsBet has hired Jeff Gamble as its new Vice President of Creative.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 9.20.21: What’s On Tap: NFL Week 3, The Ryder Cup, And Seton Hall Gaming Law Boot Camp
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- SBC, 9.17.21: SBC Webinars: The Convergence Of Emerging Sports, Media And In-game Betting
- As the betting industry continues to evolve in North America, operators and broadcasters aware of the financial boom that wagering can bring, are starting to look beyond the major sports and leagues for new opportunities.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.17.21: Another College Has A Betting Deal As LSU, Caesars Sportsbook Team Up
- Caesars Sportsbook is making a deep push into Louisiana sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 9.17.21: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: Connecticut Readying, Florida Filing, Approvals In Washington, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
Sports League News:
- US Bets, 9.17.21: Jets Become Second NFL Team To Join Responsible Betting Campaign
- The American Gaming Association announced Friday that the New York Jets had become the second NFL team to join the AGA’s “Have a Game Plan. Bet Responsibly” campaign to combat problem gambling.
- New York Times, 9.18.21: The N.F.L. Bets on Betting (mentions DraftKings, FanDuel
- If you watched the N.F.L.’s first weekend of action, there is a good chance you saw more ads for BetMGM, FanDuel and Caesars Sportsbook than you had ever seen in your life.
- Orange County Register, 9.18.21: Battle Over Sports Betting In Calfiornia Shapes Up
- More than two dozen states have already legalized sports betting following a 2018 Supreme Court ruling that struck down a federal ban, and now California gaming interests are stepping into the arena for a heavyweight fight.
- IGB, 9.17.21: Mississippi Betting Revenue Down 50% Year-on-year In August
- Sports betting revenue in Mississippi dropped sharply year-on-year in August, dropping 49.7% to $1.9m as Hurricane Ida forced patrons to stay home and casinos to close towards the end of the month.
- Play Tenn, 9.17.21: North Carolina Sports Betting Bill Loaded For Action But Might Take A While
- The North Carolina House paved the way for legislation that would legalize mobile sports betting in the state. But that doesn’t mean the House is ready to start moving the bill.
- IGB, 9.10.21: Ontario Welcomes $6m Handle In First Month Of Legal Sports Betting
- Ontario’s new sports betting service has accepted more than $6m in bets in its first four weeks of operations.