iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGB North America, 9.21.20 – GVC To Enhance RG Efforts In US With RG24seven
- GVC Holdings has joined forces with responsible gambling training platform RG24seven to deliver specialist education to its staff in the US.
- SBC Americas, 9.21.20 – GVC Links Up With RG24seven To Deliver Responsible Gaming Training
- GVC Holdings will continue to provide responsible gambling training for its US staff after entering into a new partnership with video-based responsible gaming training platform RG24seven.
- Sports Handle, 9.19.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: ESPN Gets Co-Exclusive, NJ Record, IL Extends, OH Maybe On Board, D.C., and More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 9.21.20 – From ‘Irreparable Harm’ to Moneymaker: A Brief History of NCAA Sports Betting Policy
- Earlier this month, NCAA member institution The University of Colorado announced a five-year agreement with PointsBet, a sports betting operator with soon-to-be headquarters in Denver.
- Sports Handle, 9.18.20 – Pritzker Renews Executive Order, Sports Betting Remote Registration Extended In Illinois
- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker extended remote registration for sports betting, as the Secretary of State filed Executive Order 2020-55 on Friday which included the governor’s renewal of Executive Order 2020-41 through Oct. 17.
- PlayIllinois, 9.18.20 – Hip, Hip, Hooray: Illinois Governor Extends Online Sports Betting Registration Window
- On Friday, Gov. JB Pritzker announced the extension of the online sports betting registration period once again. Until at least Oct. 17, sports betting customers will be able to sign up at an Illinois online sportsbook on their mobile devices.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.21.20 – Illinois Governor Extends Remote Registration Window (subscription paywall)
- Remote registration for online sports-betting accounts in Illinois will continue for at least another month following a new executive order implemented by Governor J.B. Pritzker on Friday.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.18.20 – ‘Haters’, ‘Critics’ Welcome Barstool Sportsbook To PA Sports Betting Market
- The anticipated launch of Barstool Sportsbook formally occurs Friday as the company’s PA sports betting app is available for download.
- Penn Bets, 9.18.20 – Barstool Sportsbook Now Open, Becomes Pennsylvania’s 10th Sports Betting App
- It’s time to pull up a stool: After a three-day testing period open only to select customers granted a special access code, Penn National Gaming’s Barstool Sportsbook opened at 1 p.m. Friday for wagering to all 21-and-over sports bettors within Pennsylvania’s borders.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.21.20 – Early DC Returns Show Preference For Private Retail Sportsbooks (subscription paywall)
- As jurisdictions come online throughout the United States, online betting has proved to be significantly more popular than land-based retail models, but in its first full month of betting, the nation’s capital has proven to be an exception.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, 9.19.20 – Teel: Sanctioned Gambling On College Sports Better Than The Alternative
- Sanctioned sports wagering in Virginia is ticketed to debut in 2021, almost certainly by college basketball’s March Madness.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.18.20 – Not So Fast: Eklund Pumps Brakes On Ohio Sports Betting Excitement
- There’s been some excitement about finally legalizing Ohio sports betting, with reports surfacing of a compromise between the House and Senate. Sen. John Eklund, one of the bill sponsors, suggested taking it one step at a time.
- Sports Handle, 9.18.20 – Ohio Lawmaker Says Goal Is To Reach Consensus, Vote On Sports Betting By Year’s End
- Legislative sponsors, governor continue to have conversations to bridge gap, but live sports betting still months or more away.
- PlayIA, 9.18.20 – Iowa Sportsbooks Get Plenty Of Time To Prepare For Big Ten Football Restart
- Big Ten football will restart this fall, and the good news for Iowa sportsbooks is the first games are about a month away.
- Siouxland Proud, 9.20.20 – South Dakotans To Vote On Marijuana Legalization And Sports Betting
- All eyes are on the race between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden, but South Dakotans have much more at stake on the ballot than just the presidential race.
- 9 News, 9.18.20 – Sports Betting Becoming More Popular In Colorado With Start Of NFL Season
- Sports betting launched in Colorado on May 1, allowing fans to bet legally without leaving the state, or their own homes.