Industry News of the Day for September 23, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGB North America, 9.23.20 – DraftKings Strengthens Board With Mosley And Moore
- Daily fantasy and sportsbook operator DraftKings announced today (September 23) that Jocelyn Moore and Valerie Mosley have been appointed to the company’s board of directors, effective immediately.
- SBC Americas, 9.23.20 – Inspired Integrates Virtual Sports Into GVC Offering
- Inspired Entertainment has entered into a new partnership with GVC Holdings to supply its virtual products across ten of GVC’s online brands.
- Sports Handle, 9.22.20 – Inside Look At Three Referendums That Could Legalize Sports Betting In Maryland, Louisiana And South Dakota
- On National Voter Registration Day and with the presidential election just six weeks away, it seems an apt time to take a look at legal sports betting referendums that will appear on the ballot in three states.
- US Bets, 9.23.20 – Sportsbooks Promise Transparency To Bettors With House Rules On COVID-19 Postponements
- While frequent postponements can challenge the most astute sportsbook executive, top books have responded with clear house rules that provide bettors with a guide on potential refunds.
- US Bets, 9.22.20 – Will Barstool Sportsbook – Now Live In One State – Become A National Powerhouse?
- Penn National’s Barstool Sportsbook launched on the web and in the App Store on Friday for customers in Pennsylvania, to much hype and fanfare — and apparently, many downloads.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 9.22.20 – Analysis: Why Are People Investing In Daily Fantasy Sports Again?
- For many, the repeal of PASPA heralded not just the starting gun for regulated US sports betting, but the death knell of daily fantasy sports.
- Sports Handle, 9.22.20 – SPACs In Sports & Gaming: Advantages, Disadvantages, And Bill Ackerman
- With 2020 already shattering the record for SPAC IPOs in one year (103 at the time of writing), the investment vehicle has gained widespread interest.
- Baltimore Business Journal, 9.22.20 – Sinclair Hires Executive To Oversee Gaming Ahead Of Push Into Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- Sinclair, which sees massive opportunities to grow revenue at its sports networks by taking advantage of legal sports betting, has brought on an executive who helped launch PokerGo.
- Online Poker Report, 9.23.20 – PA Online Casino And Poker Revenue Hits Record High In August
- Pennsylvania online casinos resumed their pattern of record-setting in August.
- Penn Bets, 9.22.20 – No TV Ads Are Out There For The New Barstool Sportsbook, But So What?
- With all of the hype surrounding the launch of Penn National Gaming’s Barstool Sportsbook betting app over the weekend, there was one thing missing. TV ads.
- PlayVirginia, 9.22.20 – Virginia Casino Opposition Arrives In Bristol, Danville, Norfolk
- As voter referendums quickly approach in the Old Dominion, where exactly is the Virginia casino opposition?
- Online Poker Report, 9.23.20 – Michigan Online Poker Bill Surging Forward, Reaches Senate Floor
- It’s all hands on deck in Michigan as lawmakers and regulators rush to get online gambling off the ground.
- Gambling.Com, 9.22.20 – Virtual Public Hearing Set For Michigan Online Gaming Rules
- The next major step in the launch of Michigan’s iGaming and online sports betting is set to take place Wednesday.
- PlayIndiana, 9.22.20 – TheScore Bet CEO John Levy Excited To Be In Indiana Market That’s ‘Going Nuts’
- TheScore Bet may be the newcomer in the Hoosier State, but the sportsbook’s unique media-based approach gives it a leg up.
- Indianapolis Star, 9.23.20 – PointsBet Signs One-Year Contract With Colts As Team’s Official Sports Betting Partner
- PointsBet, an online sports betting company, has signed a one-year contract to become the official sports betting partner of the Indianapolis Colts, the company announced in an email to IndyStar.
- PlayIA, 9.22.20 – 100 Days Remain: Did Iowa’s In-Person Registration Mandate Serve A Purpose?
- The in-person registration requirement for online sports betting in Iowa expires in 100 days.
- PlayTenn, 9.22.20 – Mississippi’s August Sports Betting Boom A Good Sign For Tennessee’s Future
- The Mississippi Gaming Commission has reported a substantial increase in sports betting revenue for the month of August.