Industry News of the Day for September 24, 2020
iDEA Growth Power Lunch Summit:
- The iDEA Growth Power Lunch Summit is available for download now! Access to on demand educational panels and discussions on the topics of online gaming and sports betting. Download any of our three webinars here.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 9.23.20 – Tennessee Grants 3 National Operators Conditional Sports Betting Approval
- BetMGM, DraftKings and FanDuel got conditional approval for sports betting in Tennessee Wednesday during a Special Meeting of the Sports Wagering Committee.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.24.20 – Big Names Get First Tennessee Sports Betting Licenses
- Tennessee finally licensed its first three sports betting operators as it plans for a Nov. 1 launch.
- Axios, 9.24.20 – Targeting A New Generation Of Bettors
- As sports betting comes out of the shadows and the pool of potential bettors increases, companies are experimenting with ways to target general sports fans.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.24.20 – DraftKings Sportsbook Becomes Official Partner Of Colorado Rockies
- DraftKings Sportsbook wants to make sure it is well known in the already booming Colorado sports betting market.
- SBC Americas, 9.24.20 – Sportradar Agrees Sports Data And MTS Deal With Mississippi’s Pearl River Resort
- Sportradar has continued to grow its network of partnerships across the US after confirming a new comprehensive sports betting partnership with Pearl River Resort.
- PlayUSA, 9.23.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Illinois Extends Online Betting Registration Period Again
- Election season is in full swing. And while the all-important race for presidency obviously overshadows all else, several states could be in the home stretch of legalizing sports betting in November.
- Sports Handle, 9.23.20 – Michigan Moves Closer To Mobile Sports Betting Launch After Key Public-Comments Hearing
- Mobile sports wagering and iGaming took center stage at a Michigan Gaming Control Board public hearing Wednesday as regulators moved closer to setting a targeted launch date that would allow for internet sports betting across the Wolverine State.
- PlayMichigan, 9.23.20 – Other Than Moving Too Slowly, No Public Complaints About Online Gambling Regs
- With the finish line in sight, no surprises or new developments is a welcome sign for Michigan online gambling.
- Gaming Intelligence, 9.24.20 – Michigan Set To Adopt Final Rules For Online Gaming And Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) is on track to approve its first online gaming and sports betting licensees following a public hearing Wednesday on the proposed rules for the new activities.
- iGB North America, 9.24.20 – MI Gaming Control Board Submits iGaming Rules For Review
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board has held a meeting on proposed sports betting regulations for the state, following a public consultation on the rules.
- PlayMichigan, 9.24.20 – William Hill Launches Betting In MI With Grand Traverse Band
- William Hill has launched sports betting operations in Michigan at Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel in the town of Williamsburg and at a satellite location at Leelanau Sands Casino.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.23.20 – Colorado Sports Betting Still Feeling The Table Tennis Love
- The Colorado sports betting market hit an important milestone in just its fourth month, with a big boost from an old friend.
- The Denver Post, 9.23.20 – Legal Sports Betting Jumps 117% In Colorado In August Compared To July
- Legal Colorado sports betting wagers made a huge increase — 117% — in August, the fourth month of legalization, according to the Colorado Department of Revenue’s Division of Gaming.
- PlayColorado, 9.23.20 – Colorado Sports Betting Handle In August Reveals Table Tennis Still On Table
- There was no doubt the return of major US sports would impact the Colorado sports betting market.
- Gaming Intelligence, 9.24.20 – Online Dominates Colorado Sports Betting Market In August (subscription paywall)
- Colorado’s regulated sports betting market recorded strong growth as wagers reach $128.6m in August, the fourth full month of operations.
- PlayCA, 9.23.20 – ‘Pent-Up’ Gamblers Flock To Outdoor California Cardrooms, Revenues Spike
- More California cardrooms are reopening as coronavirus conditions continue to improve in counties throughout the Golden State.
- PlayIllinois, 8.23.20 – Why Illinois Sportsbooks Can’t Take Bets On Illinois, Northwestern Football
- The Big Ten is going to try to have a fall football season after all. Legal sportsbooks in Illinois are still limited in college sports betting, however.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.24.20 – Nevada Gaming Industry Facing Long Road To Recovery (subscription paywall)
- It will continue to take some time for the Las Vegas gaming industry to recover from the economic devastation caused by the coronavirus pandemic, according to economists and industry analysts.