Industry News of the Day for September 24, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Action Network, 9.23.21: Maryland Sports Betting Stakeholders Push For Joint Launch (PointsBet mentioned)
- While Maryland regulators work toward the state’s still-undetermined sports betting launch date, sportsbook stakeholders are asking that the first wave of operators go live at the same time.
- SBC, 9.24.21: Sightline Payments To Sponsor 2021 EPIC Player Protection Symposium
- Sightline Payments, having played an integral role in this week’s Responsible Gaming Education Week, has confirmed that it will sponsor the 2021 EPIC Player Protection Symposium, in partnership with SBC.
- SBC, 9.24.21: Entain Responsible Gaming App To Feature AGA Public Service Campaign
- Sports betting and gaming operator Entain is to feature the American Gaming Association’s (AGA) Have a Game Plan.® Bet Responsibly.™ public service campaign through its not-for-profit organization, the Entain Foundation US.
- SBC, 9.24.21: Fanduel Appoints Craig Carton As Its First National Responsible Gaming Ambassador
- FanDuel Group has named acclaimed sports radio and television personality and problem gambling advocate Craig Carton as its first national responsible gaming ambassador.
- SBC, 9.23.21: Nuvei Corporation Partners With 888 Holdings To Power SI Sportsbook Payments
- Payment technology firm Nuvei Corporation has partnered with online gaming provider 888 Holdings Plc to provide its Instant Bank Transfer payment solution to the newly launched SI Sportsbook, Sports Illustrated‘s first venture into US online sports betting and igaming.
- Sports Handle, 9.23.21: Illinois Racing Board OKs Hawthorne, FanDuel 2022 Race Calendars
- The Illinois Racing Board unanimously awarded organizational licenses Thursday to both Hawthorne Race Course and FanDuel Sportsbook and Horse Racing and approved both of their 2022 race calendars.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 9.24.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- IGB, 9.23.21: Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority To Launch Online Gambling
- The Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority will launch online gambling in the province, through a new agreement between the the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations (FSIN) and the provincial government.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 9.24.21: Washington Capitals Become First NHL Team To Sell Advertising On Jerseys, Announce Partnership With Caesars Entertainment
- The Washington Capitals are the first NHL team to sell advertising on its jerseys.
- CT Mirror, 9.23.21: Before Sports Betting Opens, Connecticut Addresses Problem Gambling
- The debut of legal sports betting and online casino gambling in Connecticut is days or perhaps weeks away, but a precautionary tool went live Thursday: A chance for people to ban themselves from virtual gambling even before it starts.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.23.21: Ohio Sports Betting Bill Appears Headed To Conference Committee
- Ohio sports betting is back in the legislative mindset after the Senate called for a conference committee to settle differences.
- Play CO, 9.23.21: Legalized Sports Betting Produces $8.5 Million For Colorado Beneficiaries
- The benefits to legalized sports betting in Colorado have started to appear.