iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 9.26.19 – NFL Partners With DraftKings, But Not For Sports Betting
- Daily fantasy sports partnerships have become somewhat less glamorous in 2019, but Thursday’s news out of Boston put the industry back in the limelight.
- ESPN, 9.26.19 – NFL Chooses DraftKings As Daily Fantasy Partner
- The NFL continues to make moves in the evolving sports gaming space and on Thursday named DraftKings the league’s first official daily fantasy sports partner.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.25.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Mobile Launch Date Arrives Next Week At French Lick
- Mobile Indiana sports betting is only a week away. On Wednesday, the Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) authorized Rush Street Interactive to launch a mobile Indiana sports betting app on Oct. 3.
- Indianapolis Star, 9.25.19 – Mobile Sports Betting Is Finally Coming To Indiana. Here’s When It Could Start
- After months of uncertainty about when mobile sports betting would launch in Indiana, state gaming officials made a big announcement Wednesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.25.19 – Illinois Sports Betting Comment Period Could Spotlight Issues With Bill
- Industry dissatisfaction with the Sports Wagering Act could be part of the reason why the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) is seeking public comment before creating rules.
- WJLA, 9.25.19 – Lawsuit Claims DC Government Unfairly Awarded $215 Million Online Gambling Contract
- The DC Council and Mayor Bowser’s joint efforts to bring digital sports gambling to the District as soon as possible may run into another snag in the near future.
- The Parkersburg News And Sentinel, 9.26.19 – West Virginia Lottery Commission Briefed On August Sports Betting Numbers
- August sports betting numbers are trending upward thanks to the start of college and professional football and the launch of mobile sports betting apps at two of the state’s five casinos, officials with the West Virginia Lottery Commission said on Wednesday.
- Metro West Daily News, 9.25.19 – As Sports Betting Looms In Massachusetts, Will Your Local Bar Be Getting In On The Action?
- Several bills are currently under review on Beacon Hill that would allow sports betting in casinos in Massachusetts, such as the MGM Grand in Springfield or Encore Boston Harbor in Everett.
- WSN, 9.26.19 – Colorado Moves Forward With Sports Betting Plan
- In less than six weeks, Colorado voters will head to the polls and will decide if the state will become the newest addition to the growing collection of states legalizing sports betting in America.
- Gambling Compliance, 9.26.19 – Lottery Lobby May Lose Powerful Georgia Congressman To Senate [subscription paywall]
- Republican Congressman Doug Collins of Georgia has been a reliable supporter of states’ rights to operate online lotteries in the ongoing Wire Act dispute, but he appears to be interested in moving to the Senate where his influence on gaming issues may not be as significant.