iDEA Growth Member News:
- The Tennesseean, 9.28.20 – Tennessee Titans Announce First-Of-Its-Kind Partnership With Sports Gambling Platform BetMGM (GVC)
- The Tennessee Titans announced an official partnership with sports betting platform BetMGM Monday, becoming the state’s first professional sports team to enter such a partnership.
- PlayTenn, 9.28.20 – BetMGM Lands First Sports Betting Partnership In Tennessee With Titans (GVC)
- BetMGM and the Tennessee Titans have officially struck the first deal in Tennessee between a sports betting platform and a professional sports team.
- Associated Press, 9.28.20 – Strongly Predict The Malarkey Of Trump-Biden Debate For Cash (FanDuel, DraftKings)
- Some of the country’s largest sports betting companies are offering free-to-play contests in which viewers predict what will happen at Tuesday’s presidential debate for a chance to win real money or prizes.
- iGB North America, 9.29.20 – SG Agrees Flutter Extension Ahead Of FanDuel Migration
- Scientific Games has extended its contract with Flutter Entertainment as the Paddy Power and PokerStars operator prepares to migrate FanDuel’s sportsbook to its partner’s OpenSports technology.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.28.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: More Suitors, More Cash For This OP
- Everyone interested in the US sports betting industry is eagerly waiting for news out of Nevada this week to see if the NFL betting the helped state top the recent handle record set in New Jersey.
- iGB North America, 9.29.20 – BetAmerica Launches Michigan & Colorado Sportsbooks
- Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) has opened BetAmerica-branded sportsbooks at the Island Resort & Casino in Harris, Michigan and Bronco Billy’s Casino in Cripple Creek, Colorado.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 9.29.20 – Caesars Bid For William Hill Is Gamble On Sports-Betting Values
- Industry revenue could soar eightfold to $8.4 billion by 2024.
- The Wall Street Journal, 9.28.20 – How Caesars’ Wager On Sports Betting Could Pay Off Big
- By buying U.K. stalwart William Hill, the casino operator can increase its exposure to a U.S. growth market without paying over the odds.
- Online Poker Report, 9.29.20 – Maryland Votes On Sports Betting In November, But Online Casinos Face Uncertain Future
- When the US general election rolls around this November, voters will be choosing more than just their representatives. In Maryland, citizens going to the poll will be called upon to decide the issue of sports betting.
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.28.20 – Responsible Gaming Resources Get A Boost Amid Full Return Of PA Sports Betting
- Here are some highlights from the recent Responsible Gaming Education Week and other resources.
- Penn Bets, 9.28.20 – Casinos United Against VGT Expansion Bill That’s Slated For Senate Hearing
- Unlike the casino industries of some states, Pennsylvania’s has no organized association to lobby with one voice on behalf of gaming interests.
- iGB North America, 9.28.20 – PA Casino Employment Drops 38.9% Year On Year To 30 June
- The number of employees at Pennsylvania casinos collapsed by 38.9% to 9,883 as of 30 June, 2020, despite all but one casino in the state having reopened after the impact of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, according to the state’s 2019/20 casino diversity report.
- SBC Americas, 9.29.20 – New Jersey Grants Conditional Approval For Tipico US Market Debut
- Global sportsbook operator Tipico has made its debut in the US sports betting space this week with the news that it has received conditional approval from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement to bring its mobile sports betting offer to the Garden State.
- iGB North America, 9.29.20 – Retail Resurgence Drives RI Sports Betting Revenue In August
- The Rhode Island Lottery has reported an increase in sports betting revenue and player spending in August, primarily due to increased activity at the state’s two retail sportsbooks.
- Sports Handle, 9.28.20 – Pritzker’s Executive Order 2020-41 Integral To Illinois Sports Betting
- Two renewals and one restoration later, when will remote registration be permanent?
- PlayIllinois, 9.28.20 – Barstool Sportsbook In Illinois: When It Could Launch And What To Expect
- Barstool Sportsbook launched in Pennsylvania last week, which begs the question: When is it coming to Illinois?
- Gambling.Com, 9.28.20 – Ohio Looks To Move Forward On Sports Betting Legislation
- Ohio is moving closer to making sports betting a reality.
- PlayWV, 9.28.20 – West Virginia Online Casinos Generate Nearly $100 Million In Bets In Just Over Two Months
- Online casino betting in the Mountain State is off to a terrific start. West Virginia online casinos totaled nearly $100 million in online handle during their first nine weeks on the market.
- Online Poker Report, 9.28.20 – How The Gaming Industry Brought A COVID Contact Tracing App To Nevada
- Everything is about the gaming industry in Nevada, even pandemic response. The Sagebrush State now has its first official COVID-19 contact-tracing app, and it was a social casino company that developed it.
- Sports Handle, 9.28.20 – IGT Announces Sports Betting Deal In North Dakota
- North Dakota lawmakers haven’t legalized sports betting, but those in the state may still be able to place sports bets sooner rather than later.
- The Oklahoman, 9.28.20 – Comanche Nation, Otoe-Missouria Tribe To Continue Operating Under Compacts Deemed Invalid
- The Comanche Nation and Otoe-Missouria Tribe plan to continue operating their casinos under terms of their new gaming compacts even though the state Supreme Court has ruled they are invalid.