Industry News of the Day for September 3, 2021
iDEA Growth Events:
- September 13 (12PM – 1PM EST): iDEA and GeoComply host Power Lunch Summit featuring a webinar titled, “The Do’s & Do Not’s of Advertising and iGaming”. Register here.
- September 14 (12PM – 1PM EST): iDEA and GeoComply host Power Lunch Summit featuring a webinar titled, “Diversity & iGaming: Strategies for Moving the Needle.” Register here.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 9.2.21: Draftkings Adds Wyoming To Growing Sports Betting Operations
- DraftKings Inc has announced the launch of its online sportsbook in Wyoming, marking the 13th state in which the company offers sportsbook products online.
- Play OH, 9.2.21: Golden Nugget Partners With Boom Entertainment To Enter Ohio Gaming Space
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming and Boom Entertainment have entered into a partnership to provide players across the US and Canada with new gaming content.
- Play IA, 9.3.21: If Iowa Approves Online Casino, PointsBet And DraftKings Want Exclusives
- Iowa isn’t on the list of the six states that allow online casino or online poker games — yet.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 9.3.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Play USA, 9.2.21: PlayUSA Rewind: Is ESPN Getting Into The Sports Betting Business?
- This is the last PlayUSA Rewind before we dive headfirst into the 2021 NFL Season. So let’s soak it up before we’re drowning in football content.
- Sports Handle, 9.3.21: On Eve Of ‘21 NFL Kickoff, The 21 Biggest US Sports Betting Developments Of Past Year
- The biggest U.S. sports betting story of 2020 up until the relatively smooth-running 2020 NFL season (with apologies to Denver Broncos quarterbacks and Pittsburgh Steelers nation) was how the industry would withstand the challenge of operating a sportsbooks in a climate with … no sports.
- Play NY, 9.2.21: Bills Mafia Watering Hole Gets Washington DC Betting License
- Last week, the Adam Morgans watering hole Grand Central, a favorite establishment of Bills’ fans residing in The District, became the first DC bar to secure a sports betting license.
- IGB, 9.3.21: Delaware Sports Betting Slump Continues In July And August
- Results published by the Delaware Sports Lottery show that sports betting revenues in the state remained low over July and August, with both months’ figures falling below June’s total.
- Sports Handle, 9.2.21: Arizona Event Wagering Injunction Hearing Set For Monday
- An Arizona Superior Court judge on Thursday afternoon laid out a timetable and the ground rules for hearing a lawsuit seeking to delay the proposed Sept. 9 launch of Arizona sports wagering.
- IGB, 9.3.21: Colorado Betting Revenue Jumps To $15.7m In July Despite Handle Drop
- Sports betting revenue in Colorado rocketed 201.9% year-on-year to $15.7m in July, despite player spending in the state slipping to its lowest monthly total since August 2020.
- Sports Handle, 9.3.21: Ontario Clears $1M In Handle In First Week Of Legal Single-Event Betting In Canada
- Single-event sports betting in Canada went live Aug. 27, providing Canadian bettors with ample time to place wagers on NFL season-long futures before the regular season starts next week.