- Legal Sports Report, 9.6.19 – Remember The Federal Sports Betting Bill? Apparently It’s Still A Thing
- While the country prepares for the start of its most popular sport, Congress apparently still wants to find a way to meddle in sports betting through official league data.
- Sports Handle, 9.6.19 – Report: Romney To Carry Federal Sports Betting Bill Torch With New York’s Schumer
- Republican Utah Senator and former presidential candidate Mitt Romney is poised to take the place of his predecessor Orrin Hatch on a bill that would set certain “federal guidelines” for legal sports betting, according to a Friday report from Tony Batt of Gambling Compliance.
- Sports Handle, 9.6.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: The NFL Season Has Arrived.
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large.
- Sports Handle, 9.6.19 – Consumer Engagement Behind MGM-Buffalo Wild Wings Deal
- On Thursday morning, Buffalo Wild Wings (BWW) announced that it is joining forces with MGM Resorts International and Roar Digital, the gaming company’s sports betting venture, to create a unique strategic alignment focused on engaging customers through sports gambling.
- CNBC, 9.6.19 – Buffalo Wild Wings, MGM Resorts Team Up To Bring Sports Betting To Restaurants
- Restaurant chain Buffalo Wild Wings and MGM Resorts announced a multi-year deal to bring sports betting to restaurants.
- CNBC, 9.6.19 – Sports Betting Sees Boost From Mobile Devices
- Chad Millman, The Action Network head of media, joins ‘Power Lunch’ to discuss New Jersey’s new reign as the the largest sports betting state.
- NJ Online Gambling, 9.6.19 – Would-Be Cherry Hill Sportsbook Operator Suffers Legal Setback
- The Battle of Cherry Hill — the year-long court fight between a shopping mall developer and the former owner of the site over whether the developer can operate a sportsbook there — tipped heavily in one side’s favor on Thursday.
- PlayUSA, 9.6.19 – Wake Up Pennsylvania, Online Poker Has More Potential Than You Think
- Much to the dismay of online poker advocates across the country, the launch of online gaming in Pennsylvania came and went in July without the launch of PA online poker.
- Philadelphia Business Journal, 9.6.19 – As Eagles Season Kicks Off, Sports Betting Is An Advertising Boon For Local Media [subscription paywall]
- This is the first football season in which sports betting is legal in Pennsylvania and New Jersey both in person and online.
- THV 11, 9.6.19 – Football Season Back As Sports Betting In Full Swing For Arkansas
- Sports betting, only two months young in Arkansas, is adding an extra spark to the gaming world. Now, casinos are anticipating what football season will bring.
- The Enterprise, 9.7.19 – Rhode Island Launches App For Sports Betting, But Wager Must Be Made Inside Rhode Island
- Rhode Island seeks a boost from sports betting in part to offset the loss of table-game and slot-machine revenue to new casinos in Massachusetts.
- WAMC, 9.6.19 – More People Can Bet Legally This Football Season – Not In Massachusetts
- The professional football season kicks off this week, but Massachusetts residents looking to place a legal wager on a game without traveling out-of-state are out of luck.
- Patch, 9.8.19 – Here’s The Latest On Sports Betting In Ohio
- Since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the federal ban on betting on sports games in May of 2018, 13 states across the nation now have legalized sports betting industries. Ohio isn’t one of those states, but legislators are debating joining the fray.
- Wisconsin State Journal, 9.8.19 – Sports Gambling Inches Closer To Wisconsin, But Its Legalization In The State Is Uncertain
- The sports books in Iowa are open and a new wave of gambling has arrived in the Midwest. But while some Wisconsin lawmakers on both sides of the political aisle are open to the idea, which could bring more tax revenue to state coffers, placing a legal wager in Wisconsin could be years away and involve a series of complex measures.
- US Bets, 9.6.19 – Wisconsin Lawmaker Calling For Legal Sports Betting In State
- Wisconsin was one of just eight states nationwide to not consider a sports betting bill this year. The state’s lack of interest in the industry could soon be changing, according to a local report.
- News and Tribune, 9.7.19 – Sports Betting A ‘Game-Changer’ For Southern Indiana
- A form of betting typically reserved for the neon lights of Las Vegas will soon arrive in bucolic Southern Indiana.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.6.19 – Two Touchdowns Of Iowa Sports Betting Options Open In Time For NFL Kickoff
- For the first week of the NFL season, Iowa sports betting will be available at 14 of 19 casinos, with two mobile apps serving the state.
- Baltimore Post-Examiner, 9.8.19 – August A Mixed Month For Maryland’s Casinos
- August was a mixed month for Maryland’s casino industry.
- WAMC, 9.7.19 – Legalized Sports Betting Off And Running In New York
- In June, New York joined the list of states that have legalized sports betting. The move came in time for the National Football League’s 100th season.
- Sports Handle, 9.9.19 – New Hampshire Sportsbook RFP Questions And Answers: Some Clarity, And A Little ‘Punting’
- There should be few surprises later this month when the state of New Hampshire gets back Requests for Proposals from potential sports betting operators.
Sports League News:
- The New York Times, 9.6.19 – What Makes This NFL Season Different From Previous NFL Seasons?
- What makes this year’s centennial N.F.L. season different from all other seasons? A wide expansion of sports betting.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Digiday, 9.9.19 – As Sports Gambling Becomes More Mainstream, Publishers Place Their Own Bets [DraftKings, The Stars Group]
- When it comes to editorial coverage, the sports betting market is already getting crowded.
- NJ Gambling Sites, 9.6.19 – PlayMGM Gets A New Name And A New Look With BetMGM Launch [GVC Holdings]
- PlayMGM has a new name. The new brand, BetMGM, was released on Sept. 5 as part of the Roar Digital rollout.