iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 4.12.22: PointsBet goes live with online casino in Pennsylvania
- PointsBet Pennsylvania, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PointsBet Holdings Limited, has received authorization from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) to launch its online casino product in the state.
- SBC Americas, 4.12.22: Paysafe expands Betsson payments partnership into US market
- Paysafe has expanded its partnership with Betsson Group to provide traditional and alternative payment solutions to the igaming operator’s new Betsafe online sportsbook in Colorado.
- SBC Americas, 4.11.22: FanDuel and PokerStars agree to Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment partnership
- Flutter Entertainment has entered a strategic partnership with Canada pro-sport’s Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) through its FanDuel and PokerStars brands.
- Variety, 4.13.22: THE RAPID GROWTH OF LEGALIZED U.S. SPORTS BETTING
- Online sports gambling continues to thrive in the U.S.
- Online Poker Report, 4.12.22: New York’s Sen. Joseph Addabbo Says Online Poker & Casino Effort Will Continue In 2023
- New York made progress on expanding its gambling industry this year. On Jan. 8, it launched online sports betting. On Thursday, lawmakers agreed on a $221 billion state budget that included three retail casino licenses. Only iGaming legalization efforts stalled.
- Play NY, 4.12.22: Lobbying Firm Co-Founder Expecting ‘Frenzy’ For NY Downstate Casino Licenses
- New York City has the potential to be the epicenter of the gaming sphere.
- SBC Americas, 4.11.22: New York mobile sports betting bounces back in March
- Following a drop in February, New York’s mobile sports betting market bounced back in March with a handle of $1.64bn.
- Sports Handle, 4.12.22: State Legislators Ban ‘Virginia Is For Bettors’ As Marketing Phrase
- Other sports betting bills in the state struggled to gain traction in 2022 legislative session
- Sports Handle, 4.12.22: Florida’s Sports Betting Future Still On Hold Amid New Court Filings
- One side makes argument to be heard in appeals court as case surrounding tribal-state compact drags on
- Sports Handle, 4.12.22: Arizona Dept. Of Gaming Set To File Permanent Event Wagering Rules
- Some key issues surrounding who is responsible for a license and payment of fees will be worked out in the future
- Play USA, 4.12.22: Indiana Sports Betting Is Already Billion Dollar Market Just 3 Months In
- Only three months into the new year, Indiana has already generated over $1 billion in sports betting handle.
- Play Indiana, 4.12.22: $476 Million March Puts IN Sports Betting Over $1 Billion Mark For 2022
- March Madness betting helped Indiana generate over $476 million worth of sports betting wagers in March.
- Chicago Sun-Times, 4.12.22: Illinois gamblers bet $286 million on March Madness
- The casino sportsbooks came out ahead by more than $14.3 million collectively on the college hoops action, but one saw its bracket bankroll go bust.
- Chicago Tribune, 4.13.22: Illinois breaks sports betting record with $286 million wagered on March Madness
- The Kansas Jayhawks, who staged the biggest comeback in NCAA men’s basketball history to win the national championship over North Carolina last week, were not the only March Madness record-setters.
- SBC Americas, 4.12.22: Illinois sportsbooks expected to bounce back from post-Super Bowl lull
- Sportsbooks in Illinois only achieved a handle of less than $700m in February, the state’s lowest monthly handle since September, most likely due to a post-Super Bowl lull, according to PlayIllinois.