- Sports Handle, 4.17.19 – 9 Of The Craziest Legal Sports Betting Proposals Across The U.S.
- A Missouri sports betting bill on Monday cleared the House General Laws Committee, and one of its provisions is a doozy: It calls for an “entry and facilities infrastructure fee” to be funded with an off-the-top cut from all legal sports bets — in order to pay for the construction and upkeep of private or commercial stadiums in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.16.19 – Apparently Two Montana Sports Betting Bills Are Better Than One
- Montana Gov. Steve Bullock could find two sports betting bills among the Easter eggs on his desk next week.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.17.19 – Mobile PA Sports Betting Finally Set To Arrive In Next Three Weeks
- The wait is (almost) over: PA sports betting will go mobile within three weeks. A spokesman for the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) confirmed Wednesday to Legal Sports Report that at least one Pennsylvania sports betting operator will turn on its app shortly.
- Online Poker Report, 4.17.19 – Pennsylvania Online Gambling Moves To The Launchpad; T-Minus 90 Days
- Nearly 18 months after the governor signed the enabling legislation, Pennsylvania finally has a date for the launch of online gambling. And it’s just 90 short days away.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.17.19 – This Is The One Issue That Could Still Derail NC Sports Betting Bill
- An effort to expand sports betting statewide through the lottery could doom efforts in North Carolina, warns the Senate sponsor.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.18.19 – Iowa One Step Closer To Sports Betting, As Senate Easily Passes Bill
- An Iowa sports betting bill passed the Senate comfortably on Wedensday, setting up the state to have legal wagering this year. The bill passed 31-18 with bipartisan support, and now heads to the House.
- Online Poker Report, 4.17.19 – How Long Will It Take West Virginia To Launch Online Casino And Poker?
- West Virginia online casinos are now legal. But when will they launch? On March 28, West Virginia became the fifth state to legalize online gambling.
- Indy Star, 4.18.19 – Casino-investor ties led Speaker Bosma to skip gaming bill vote. Here’s why questions linger.
- Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma is recusing himself from votes on legislation that would make some of the biggest changes to Indiana’s casino laws in a generation.
- WSN, 4.17.19 – Maryland Passes Bill that Reduces Penalties for Illegal Betting, But No Legal Sports Betting This Year
- When the Maryland Senate leadership put a stop to all new amendments in March, any hope for the state adopting sports betting in time for 2020 crashed to the ground.
Sports League News:
- Sun Herald, 4.16.19 – He bet on Tiger Woods to win the Masters and won big at a Biloxi casino. Really big.
- While people across the country watched Tiger Woods win his fifth Masters Golf Tournament on Sunday, one person shared the winning moment in a big way thanks to a bet he placed at a Mississippi Coast casino.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 4.18.19 – 24-Hour Sports Betting Network Coming From SportsGrid, Sportradar
- Ready or not, here comes the nation’s first free 24-hour sports betting network. On Thursday, Sportradar and SportsGrid announced an ambitious new programming partnership in the overlap between sports and gambling.