- Legal Sports Report, 4.18.19 – Tennessee Rep Refers To Sports Betting Addiction As ‘Slavery’ During Committee Hearing
- Tennessee sports betting narrowly escaped the House Finance Ways and Means Committee on Wednesday after a tense discussion of H 1.
- Sports Handle, 4.18.19 – Montana First to Send Sports Betting Bills To Governor
- It’s official. Montana is first to the finish line in 2019 to send legal sports betting bills to the governor for signature. On Thursday, the Senate approved both SB 330 — HB 725 was passed Wednesday — and both will go to Governor Steve Bullock, who is expected to sign at least one of them.
- Sports Handle, 4.18.19 – Iowa Senate Passes Mobile Sports Betting Bill
- On Wednesday evening, the Iowa Senate passed a bill to legalize sports betting, both in-person at the state’s 19 casinos and over mobile devices. The vote had 31 senators in favor and 18 opposed.
- Fox 31, 4.18.19 – Colorado sports betting bill introduced late in session
- Some Colorado lawmakers want to ask voters in November whether sports betting should be legal in the state.
- Daily Business Review, 4.18.19 – Sports Betting Could Go Through Seminole Tribe, Avoiding Vote
- Gambling talks underway between a key senator and the Seminole Tribe include a proposal that could bring sports betting to Florida by running it through the tribe, possibly avoiding the need for a statewide vote on the popular type of betting.
- Business Journal, 4.18.19 – Sports betting could be tied to Seminole Tribe
- Gambling talks include a proposal that could bring sports betting to Florida by running it through the tribe, possibly avoiding the need for a statewide vote on the popular type of betting.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 4.18.19 – A Trader’s View On How The NCAA Should Approach Legal Sports Betting
- Ahead of his appearance at Betting on Sports America, Benjie Cherniak, Managing Director of Don Best Sports, Scientific Games’ U.S. managed trading service, outlines the steps required to ensure a safe environment for college sports betting:
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Open PR, 4.19.19 – Online Gambling and Betting Market World’s Top Players Include 888 Holdings, GVC Holdings, Kindred Group, Paddy Power, Betfair, William Hill, Bet365, Stars Group, Draft Kings, Betsson, and BetAmerica.
- Global online gambling and betting market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period (2018–2026). The market growth is majorly attributed to increasing population and increasing use of internet across the globe.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 4.18.19 – Could US Online Poker Be On The Verge Of A Gold Rush?
- Michigan was poised to become the fifth state with legal online gambling last year, but an unexpected veto by outgoing Gov. Rick Snyder put the kibosh on those plans.