Industry News of the Day for April 20, 2022
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 4.20.22: MaximBet Becomes First U.S. Book To Sign Active MLB Player In Deal With Blackmon
- Colorado Rockies outfielder makes history by signing on as a brand ambassador for online sportsbook
- Play USA, 4.20.22: Rockies’ Charlie Blackmon 1st Active MLB Player To Endorse Sportsbook
- Colorado Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon became the first active Major League Baseball Player to sign an endorsement deal with a sportsbook when MaximBet announced his brand ambassadorship on Wednesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.19.22: Another Maine Sports Betting Bill Closing In On Finish Line
- A Maine sports betting bill rolled forward last week but still faces an uphill climb to the end of the session this week.
- Bangor Daily News, 4.20.22: Tribal-rights deal allowing sports betting at Bangor casino clears Maine Senate
- The Maine Senate approved a bill from Gov. Janet Mills late Tuesday that would give tribes control of a new sports betting market after a change allowing in-person wagering at a Bangor casino.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.19.22: Churchill Frowns: Kentucky Sports Betting Bill Dies Again
- Despite gaining significant momentum this legislative session, Kentucky sports betting will continue to wait.
- Sports Handle, 4.19.22: California’s War Over Wagering Gets Hotter
- California’s war over wagering heated up Monday when opposing groups publicly announced their stance — one in support of a tribal retail-only initiative but opposed to a potential digital initiative, and one opposed to the tribal-only proposal.
- Play CA, 4.19.22: Two California Sports Betting Initiatives Vying For November 2022 Ballot
- November‘s ballot battle for California sports betting is taking shape.
- Play USA, 4.19.22: Charlotte County, Florida Residents Could Get Vote On Future Casino Expansion
- The gambling industry in Florida remains firmly in control of the Seminole Tribe. Expansion of that industry in a prized state is gridlocked.
- KSLA, 4.19.22: Gaming official hopes sports betting revenues lead to more tourism in Louisiana
- Since its launch, sports betting has raked in nearly $7.5 million in revenue, according to the most recent report released by Louisiana State Police.
- iGaming Business, 4.20.22: Delaware igaming revenue rises 11.6% year-on-year in March
- The Delaware Lottery reported an 11.6% year-on-year increase in igaming revenue during March, while player stakes also climbed 21.8%.