- Online Poker Report, 4.8.19 – DOJ ‘Did Not Address’ Lotteries In Wire Act Opinion, Deputy AG Rosenstein Says In Memo
- A new memo from the US Department of Justice says that state lotteries are not at all impacted by the DOJ’s reinterpretation of the Wire Act, a development that could mean the end of a federal court case brought earlier this year.
- AP, 4.8.19 – In Many States, Legalizing Sports Betting Hinges On Tribes
- Native American tribes have emerged as key players in the legislative debates over whether states should legalize sports betting, with some opposing the idea because it could threaten their casinos and others supporting legalization only if they retain a monopoly.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.8.19 – Sports Betting Legislative Lasso: Betting On The South
- As was the case with Louisiana leading the way a week prior, it’s two more Southern states with a new appetite for legislation.
- Sports Handle, 4.8.19 – Revisiting The ‘Power 15’ Ranking Of States Likeliest To Legalize Sports Betting
- At the end of 2018, still flush with optimism after PASPA was struck down, we at Sports Handle assembled a panel to examine which states were most likely to legalize sports betting in 2019. Three months (and one week) into the legislative season, we thought it was time to review what’s unfolded and reassess each state.
- PA Online Casino, 4.8.19 – PA’s Sports Betting Tax Revenue May Be Low, But Budget Will Be Just Fine
- A few months into the endeavor, Pennsylvania is faring better than some other states in the early stages of sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.8.19 – Hold The Phone: Mobile Still Out Of Indiana Sports Betting Bill Ahead Of Committee Hearing
- A Senate sponsor of the Indiana sports betting bill hopes to get mobile wagering back into the legislation. But it won’t happen Tuesday when S 552 is up for an amend and vote in the House Ways and Means Committee.
Overall Industry News:
- WHHY, 4.8.19 – Now That States Can Legalize Sports Betting, Venture Capital Wants In
- Without naming basketball tournament names, it’s safe to say there are a lot of sports betting happening today. In the future it’s going to get a lot more … legal.