iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 8.1.22 – Playtech changes Caliplay approach due to ‘deteriorated’ conditions
- Playtech has updated its investors on its possible transaction regarding an agreement with Mexican gaming firm Caliente, which would allow its sports betting unit Caliplay to enter the US market. [Chris McGinnis, Director of Investor Relations & Strategic Analysis]
- Legal Sports Report, 7.29.22 – PointsBet Continues Push For ‘Genuine Customers’ In Latest Earnings
- Earnings season is always an opportunity to learn about operators, but the latest PointsBet report also provided the first peek at what is happening in Ontario sports betting. [Johnny Aitken, PointsBet USA CEO; Scott Vanderwel, PointsBet Canada CEO]
- Bonus.com, 7.29.22 – US Problem Gambling Help App Downloads Rise, Users Report Less Use of Illegal Sites
- The most important observation made in the update is that downloads of the app are on the rise in the US. Another interesting, and more positive trend, is an apparent decline in offshore gambling.
- SBC Americas, 7.29.22 – AGA updates its Best Practices for AML Compliance guide
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has updated its Best Practices for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance resource to help combat money laundering in the gaming industry.
- Play CA, 7.30.22 – California Online Sports Betting Foes Say New Study Affirms Youth Gambling Concerns
- As legal and regulated sports betting spreads across the country, the increased exposure of the activity could be impacting high school students. Opponents of California online sports betting Proposition 27 point to recent research.
- California Casinos.com, 7.29.22 – Why Some California Tribes Support Prop 27 and What it Means for Prop 26.
- Prop 27 is California’s sports betting initiative that would allow private sportsbook companies to offer mobile sports betting. The California gaming tribes supporting Prop 26 oppose commercial control of sports betting. Instead, the tribal initiative would only allow in-person sports betting at tribal casinos.
- Gaming Today, 7.29.22 – US Department of Interior Rejects Gaming Compacts Between California & Two Tribes
- A decision from the US Department of the Interior is catching heat from California Governor Gavin Newsom.
- Gaming Today, 8.1.22 – Massachusetts Sports Betting Bill Approved in 11th Hour, Gov. Baker Expected to Sign Into Law
- A Massachusetts sports betting agreement has been reached by state lawmakers on Beacon Hill, putting legal sportsbooks on a path to launch in the Bay State after more than a year of negotiation.
- Sports Handle, 8.1.22 – Massachusetts Lawmakers Make Last-Minute Sports Betting Deal
- After discussion around legalizing sports betting had dragged on for years in Massachusetts, the General Court early Monday morning reached a two-minute warning of sorts and punched the ball into the end zone, according to a tweet from House Speaker Ron Mariano.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.1. – Massachusetts Sports Betting Deal Struck In Final Moments Of Session
- Massachusetts will pass a legal sports betting bill this year. State policymakers announced a compromise on the stalled MA sports betting bill past 5 a.m. Monday.
- SBC Americas, 8.1.22 – Nevada gaming extends $1bn monthly revenue streak to 16th month
- Nevada gaming has continued its streak of at least $1bn in revenue into its 16th month in June, reporting $1.28bn in total gaming revenue.
- Play Ohio, 7.29.22 – Will Ohio Bettors Be Able To Use Crypto to Fund Accounts?
- Cryptocurrency continues to become more commonplace in our daily lives. Companies such as PayPal, Starbucks and Whole Foods are accepting it as payment for business transactions.
- Play Pennsylvania, 7.29.22 – Child Safety at Casinos And PA Gambling Expansion Will Be Legacy of PGCB Commissioner Sean Logan
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board Commissioner Sean Logan stepped down on July 5 and will join the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. His term on the gaming board was set to expire at the end of 2022. Logan exited on a high note.