iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 8.12.21: PointsBet Goes Live In West Virginia
- Australian-based sports betting operator PointsBet launched its platform in West Virginia Thursday, bringing the total number of digital platforms in the state to five.
- CNBC, 8.12.21: Online Gambling Company Entain Buys Esports Betting Startup Unikrn As It Looks To Triple Its Business
- CEO Jette Nygaard-Andersen said Entain is well-positioned to capture a major share of a predicted $160 billion total addressable market in sports betting, igaming and interactive gaming.
- Yahoo Sports, 8.12.21: NFL Adds PointsBet, BetMGM, WynnBet in Sports Betting Deals
- The NFL will have at least three more sports betting partners heading into the 2021 season.
- Action Network, 8.12.21: Connecticut Sports Betting Final Operator Announced By Lottery
- Rush Street Interactive will open mobile and retail sportsbooks in Connecticut by as early as next month, state lottery officials announced Thursday.
- CT Mirror, 8.12.21: CT Lottery Prepares For Sports Betting, But The NFL Season Might Kick Off First
- CT Lottery introduced its sports betting partners Thursday, but don’t bet on Connecticut being ready to take wagers for the opening of the NFL season on Sept. 9.
- Play OH, 8.12.21: Meet The Ohio House Member Who Brought Some Sanity To Sports Betting Negotiations
- On June 24, Ohio Sen. Kirk Schuring stood on the Senate floor and thanked Senate President Matt Huffman for working with him to negotiate sports betting language with key members of the House.
- Play IN, 8.12.21: Indiana Bettors Have Wagered $3 Billion In The Last 12 Months
- Indiana’s sports betting handle took an expected step back in July.
- Saturday Down South, 8.13.21: Legal Challenges On The Way For Florida Sports Betting
- The Florida gaming compact was approved no more than a week ago and legal challenges are already on their way to put a halt to the 30-year agreement that will give the Seminole Tribe exclusive Florida online sports betting rights.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.12.21: Single-Game Sports Betting In Canada Will Launch In Just Two Weeks
- On Thursday, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada David Lametti announced the effective date for bill C-218, which legalizes single-event sports betting in Canada, at Fallsview Casino Resort in Niagara Falls.