Industry News of the Day for August 16, 2019
iDEA Growth in the News:
- PRNewswire, 8.15.19 – Latest Gaming Revenue Numbers Continue To Grow Year After Year
- iDEA Growth, a trade association representing all sectors of the online gaming and entertainment industry, reminded states today that mobile gaming is a financial win.
- Play Pennsylvania, 8.15.19 – PGCB’s Doug Harbach Tells Us What Is Next For PA Online Gambling
- So much for a summer slowdown. With the launch of Pennsylvania retail and online sportsbooks and the advent of online casinos, it’s been a busy spring and summer in Pennsylvania.
- AP News, 8.15.19 – Iowa Becomes 11th State In US To Allow Sports Gambling
- Six Iowa casinos began accepting bets on sporting events Thursday, making the state the 11th in the nation and first in the Midwest to allow such wagering.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.15.19 – Iowa Sports Betting Launch: What You Need To Know
- Just 94 days after the Gov. Kim Reynolds signed the enabling legislation, Iowa sports betting joins the list of regulated US markets.
- Sports Handle, 8.15.19 – Iowa Sports Betting Goes Live
- Iowa on Thursday became the first Midwestern state to go live with sports betting, when sportsbooks across the state held celebrations and the first bets were placed.
- KETV, 8.15.19 – Nebraskans React To Iowa Sports Gambling
- Bob Wustrack, a longtime patron at Horseman’s Park in Omaha was frustrated. On Thursday, Iowa sports betting was off and running and Nebraska wasn’t anywhere near the starting gate. “We’re feeling like money is floating across the river,” Wustrack said.
- KETV, 8.15.19 – Sports Betting Officially Starts In Iowa Thursday, Nebraskans Calling Out State Lawmakers
- Sports betting is now legal in Iowa, but just across the Missouri River in Nebraska, casinos nor sports betting is legal. Several Nebraskans say state lawmakers are missing out on a major revenue boost for the state.
- Play USA, 8.15.19 – An Oregon Casino Could Be The First To Offer A Legal Sportsbook In The State
- The Oregon Lottery appears to have competition in the world of legalized sports betting. According to a representative with Chinook Winds Casino Resort, the tribal-owned property will add sports wagering “soon.”
Sports League News:
- CNBC, 8.15.19 – Major League Baseball And FanDuel Strike Sports Betting Deal
- Major League Baseball and FanDuel on Thursday announced a multi-year agreement that makes the sportsbook operator an official gaming partner of the U.S. professional league.
- Play Pennsylvania, 8.15.19 – New MLB/FanDuel Means League-Sanctioned Betting At The Ballpark
- Major League Baseball (MLB) has struck a multi-year deal with FanDuel, making the sports betting company an authorized gaming operator with the league.
Overall Industry News:
- Baltimore Post-Examiner,8.15.19 – How The United States Is Benefiting From New Casino Laws
- For many years, the United States had some of the strictest gambling laws in the world. But these laws didn’t always make sense. After all, this is the country of Reno, Las Vegas and Atlantic City. A country where you can hop on a casino cruise from countless cities on the coast or visit an Indian Gaming Casino.