iDEA Growth Member News
- US Bets, 8.17.22 – DraftKings Using Reignmakers To Merge NFTs And Daily Fantasy Sports
- Last summer, DraftKings got into the NFT space, teaming up with Tom Brady and Autograph. Things went from good to bad to better in quick succession for the tiered releases, though the current prices on the DraftKings-branded NFTs — much like most NFT products around the world — are far off their initial highs. [Matt Kalish, President and Co-founder, DraftKings]
- Play Nevada, 8.17.22 – First FanDuel Sportsbook In Las Vegas Is Another Step Closer To Going Live
- FanDuel is another step closer to entering the Nevada sportsbook market. All companies involved with FanDuel Sportsbook were recommended for a license by the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) last week.
- Sports Handle, 8.17.22 – ‘Entourage’ Actor Jerry Ferrara Is Getting In The Sports Betting Game
- Actor Jerry Ferrara, who gained attention as “Turtle” in the HBO series Entourage, is getting involved in sports betting media and marketing. He joins a growing list of actors/entertainers partnering with sportsbooks. Ferrara will serve as a celebrity brand ambassador for BetMGM and will be part of the sports betting company’s weekly sports podcast, Unleashed. He’ll be involved in fan events and will also be featured in a BetMGM marketing campaign. [Matt Prevost, Chief Revenue Officer, BetMGM]
- Bonus.com, 8.17.22 – How Golden Nugget Online Gaming Compares to In-Person Play
- Golden Nugget is a casino brand synonymous with the gaming industry. The casino was launched in Las Vegas in 1946, making it one of the oldest continuously operating casinos of Sin City, and it’s today an iconic fixture of Fremont Street, the Atlantic City Boardwalk, and beyond. But how does Golden Nugget online gaming compare to the in-person experience? Here’s a breakdown.
Sports League News
- California Casinos, 8.17.22 – What Effect Could MLB Endorsing Prop 27 Have on CA Sports Betting Election?
- Major League Baseball became the most prominent supporter of Prop 27 last week when the league publicly announced it was endorsing the mobile sportsbook-led initiative in the California sports betting debate. It’s the first professional sports league to insert itself into the Prop 26 vs. Prop 27 battle.
- Play CA, 8.17.22 – New Billboard Calls Into Question Where Tribes Stand On CA Online Sports Betting Prop 27
- Proponents of California online sports betting Proposition 27 have taken their campaign from the airwaves onto the streets. A new billboard features the face of Middletown Rancheria of Pomo Indians Chairman Jose “Moke” Simon. It reads “California Tribes say YES on Prop 27.”
- Legal Sports Report, 8.17.22 – Analysis: Opening Briefs Of Florida Sports Betting Compact Appeal Drop
- The opening briefs in the appeal of the decision that ended the brief emergence of regulated sports betting in Florida have been filed
- Gaming Today, 8.18.22 – Washington Commanders Sportsbook Coming Soon as Team Qualifies for Maryland License
- The Washington Commanders are close to bringing in-person sports betting to FedExField after the team’s stadium was approved for a Maryland retail sports betting license on Wednesday.
- Gaming Today, 8.17.22 – Maryland Mobile Sports Betting Not Expected To Launch Before 2023 Super Bowl
- The 2023 Super Bowl is the new target launch date for Maryland mobile sports betting. That’s based on a timeline released today by sports betting regulators on the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission, or SWARC. The regulatory body expects the mobile sports betting application process itself to take at least three months, depending on the number of applications that are submitted.
- Sports Handle, 8.17.22 – Mobile Sports Wagering Unlikely In Maryland In 2022
- The Maryland Sports Wagering Application Review Commission met Wednesday morning, and the organization revealed a loose timeline for a legal mobile sports wagering launch. Most Marylanders likely won’t be thrilled with the projected timing.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.17.22 – Could Online Maryland Sports Betting Be Ready For Super Bowl?
- The process to launch online Maryland sports betting continues to draw on with no official launch date, but with some clues as to possibilities.
- Bonus.com, 8.17.22 – Addabbo Faces Opposition – Is New York Online Casino Doomed?
- Next year’s budget talks are expected to include a New York online casino proposal, and Sen. Joseph Addabbo will be its staunchest advocate. However, the Democrat from Howard Beach first needs to win reelection in order to do so.
- Play Pennsylvania, 8.17.22 – Strong Revenue By Sportsbooks Assisted State’s Gaming Industry In July
- Strong success by Pennsylvania’s sportsbooks against bettors in July helped the state’s gaming industry boost its overall revenue total, according to monthly figures released Wednesday.
- Play Pennsylvania, 8.17.22 – Pennsylvania Sportsbooks Win In July Despite Low Handle; Wind Creek Breaks Record For Table Games Revenue
- Pennsylvania sportsbooks continued their summer slumber in July. Sportbooks took $336.5 million in bets in the slow sports month of July. Just like in 2021, handle has dropped from April to July. However, revenue increased in July to $33.2 million (a 45% MoM jump). It was good month the sportsbooks (and not for bettors) as the hold (9.9%) was up from the 5.8% win rate last month.