- Online Poker Report, 8.19.20 – Keeping It In-House: How Online Lottery Expansion Is Outpacing Online Casinos in the US
- When it comes to legal online gambling in the US, there’s something of a footrace taking place between lotteries and casinos. Eight years in, it looks as if online lotteries are winning.
- Business Insider, 8.21.20 – Online Poker And Casino Games Have Tripled Their Revenue From Last Year As Real-World Casinos Shut Their Door
- With casinos closed, gamblers have turned to online poker and other casino games in droves.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.18.20 – Tennessee Sports Betting Will Finally Arrive During NFL Season
- What must feel like one of the longest waits for future sports bettors in Tennessee is finally ending: legal sports betting will launch this football season.
- Sports Handle, 8.18.20 – Tennessee Sports Betting’s New Live Date: Nov. 1
- Operators hoping to go live in Tennessee likely will not get a whole football season on the books after Tennessee Education Lottery CEO Rebecca Hargrove said Tuesday said it is shooting for a Nov. 1 go-live date.
- The Tennessean, 8.18.20 – TN Lottery Officials Hope To Launch Online Sports Betting By Nov. 1
- Tennessee’s online-only sports betting program could launch by Nov. 1 and may launch sooner if its operators, vendors and suppliers are ready, according to the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation.
- Online Poker Report, 8.19.20 – A Look Inside Pennsylvania Online Casino And Poker Revenue Growth For July
- Pennsylvania online casinos had a solid month to kick off the state’s second year of iGaming.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.18.20 – PA Online Casinos Stay Hot, Nearly Break Revenue Record With $54 Million
- Online casinos in Pennsylvania continue to ride high and are still in growth mode.
- PlayIllinois, 8.18.20 – Pritzker Tightens Coronavirus Restrictions For Illinois Casinos In St. Louis Metro
- Due to a recent surge in positive COVID-19 tests, restrictions at certain Illinois casinos have re-emerged. The new precautions will last for the next two weeks, with the potential of further mitigation measures.
- iGB North America, 8.19.20 – Illinois Introduces New Restrictions Amid COVID-19 Spike
- The Illinois Gaming Board has announced new restrictions for land-based gambling facilities in the state in response to an increase in novel coronavirus (Covid-19) cases.
- Big Easy Magazine, 8.18.20 – Louisiana Casinos Under Threat From COVID-19 Economic Impact
- Legalizing online gambling would help create jobs for the qualified casino employees presently furloughed in the state. It could stimulate the economy and improve the state to collect more money.
- Gambling.Com, 8.18.20 – Mississippi Sports Betting Increases By 402% In July
- Mississippi continues to see sports betting activity increase, with July’s total handle up more than four times over June’s handle.