iDEA Growth Member News:
- MI Bets, 7.30.21: Gun Lake’s Parx Digital Sports Betting Platform To Go Live Monday
- On Monday morning, Michigan sports bettors will have a new mobile option when the Gun Lake Casino launches its Parx Interactive sports betting platform, bringing the number of available online sportsbooks to 14. The Michigan Gaming Control Board announced July 30 that it had approved the application. Parx Interactive has been live for iCasino in Michigan since April 23.
- iGB North America, 8.2.21: Gun Lake and Parx Interactive cleared to launch online betting in Michigan
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) has given its approval for the Gun Lake Band of Pottawatomi Indians of Michigan and platform provider Parx Interactive to launch online sports betting in the state.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 8.2.21: Betting bullets: Colts’ $100 betting incentive shows how much NFL has changed its tune
- The NFL’s pivot from utter disdain to embracing the American sports betting market has been conservative in some ways, yet it also produced a handful of surprises, including just last week.
- iGB North America, 8.2.21: NHL star Evander Kane under investigation following betting allegations
- The National Hockey League (NHL) has announced it will launch an investigation into claims that San Jose Sharks’ Evander Kane placed wagers on NHL games.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.2.21: THREE MORE TENNESSEE SPORTSBOOKS MOVE TOWARD APPROVAL
- The Volunteer State is in the middle of a big transition, but new Tennessee sportsbooks will likely continue to launch throughout the process.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.30.21: WASHINGTON SPORTS BETTING ON TRACK FOR FALL LAUNCH AS NEW RULES APPROVED
- Washington sports betting cleared another hurdle Wednesday as the state’s gambling commission approved sports wagering licensing rules.
- Play Virginia, 8.2.21: VIRGINIA SEN. JOE MORRISSEY TO PUSH FOR VGT LEGALIZATION IN NEXT SESSION
- Virginia VGT machines have been the subject of a lot of scrutiny over the past year, and that probably won’t change anytime soon.
- Play Virginia, 7.30.21: BOUNCE BACK: VIRGINIA SPORTSBOOKS SEE UPTICK WITH JUNE SPORTS BETTING
- After two months of decline, Virginia sportsbooks rallied in June with $235 million in monthly betting handle.
- SBC Americas, 8.2.21: Virginia sportsbooks bounce back in June
- A good June for Virginia’s sportsbooks saw the market surpass $100m in total gross gaming revenue for the first time since the market launched, according to PlayVirginia, which tracks the Old Dominion state’s gaming market.
- Play CA, 7.30.21: COULD CALIFORNIA TRIBES FILE OWN ONLINE SPORTS BETTING INITIATIVE?
- California Native American tribes already have one sports betting measure headed to the ballot in the November 2022 general election. Could they have another?
- Arizona Capitol Times, 8.2.21: Fund helps tribes without sports-betting licenses
- The legalization of sports betting means the Arizona’s Indian tribes will lose their monopoly on the state’s gambling industry, but they still stand to gain considerable benefits from the new legislation.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.2.21: ONTARIO SPORTS BETTING REGULATIONS DRAFT RELEASED FOR FEEDBACK
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario released a draft of regulations for Ontario sports betting last week.