Industry News of the Day for August 20, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayWV, 8.19.20 – Jackpot: WV Online Casino Betting Grabs Over $37 Million In Bets During First Weeks (DraftKings)
- Online casino betting debuted in the Mountain State with a bang.
- PlayUSA, 8.19.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: DraftKings Introduces First Retail Sportsbook In New Hampshire
- As it has so frequently over the past few years, DraftKings Sportsbook made its way into yet another state.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.20.20 – Hard Rock Executives Urge Tribes To Take Another Look At Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- Gaming tribes should consider launching their own mobile sports-betting operations or partnering with offline companies experienced in offering wagers on games, a leading Indian gaming executive said Wednesday.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 8.20.20 – Boyd And IGT Agree Sports Betting Technology Partnership
- International Game Technology (IGT) has inked a long-term sports betting technology agreement with US casino operator Boyd Gaming Corporation.
Sports League News:
- Fox Business, 8.19.20 – Horse Race Betting Goes Mainstream With Major Sports On Hiatus
- Thoroughbred horse racing is getting a run for its money as one of the prevailing sports with live coverage.
- Gambling.Com, 8.20.20 – Tennessee Sports Betting Is Preparing For Fall Launch
- Tennessee might finally have a launch date for sports betting and it could be up and running when the NFL and home state Titans are playing.
- PlayIndiana, 8.19.20 – Indiana Lawmaker Prepares Online Casino Gambling Bill
- Add Indiana to the states that could consider internet casino gambling legislation in 2021.
- Cincinnati Business Courier, 8.20.20 – Indiana Sports Betting Surged 138% In July Thanks To MLB, NBA Return
- Sports betting at Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg and across Indiana soared in July as sports began coming back for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic exploded in March.
- PlayMichigan, 8.19.20 – From The Press Box: No Fans At Comerica Park, Plenty Of Gambling Though
- Even with no fans, the sports gambling marketing game has begun at Comerica Park.
- iGB North America, 8.20.20 – SG Launches Sports Betting In MI With Firekeepers Casino
- Scientific Games has launched its sports betting product in Michigan through a partnership with the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi (NHBP)’s Firekeepers Casino, the first tribal casino in Michigan to offer sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.19.20 – Not-So-Hidden FanDuel Sportsbook Page Details Illinois Launch
- The nation’s largest sportsbook operator, FanDuel Sportsbook, is getting ready to launch in one of the country’s most promising sports betting markets: Illinois.
- PlayIllinois, 8.19.20 – Breaking: FanDuel Par-A-Dice Sportsbook To Launch In Illinois
- If a page on FanDuel Sportsbook’s website is any indication, FanDuel plans to enter the Illinois sports betting market via a partnership with Par-A-Dice Casino in East Peoria.
- PlayIllinois, 8.19.20 – Not On Par: Why Bettors Can’t Wager On Golf At Illinois Sportsbooks
- As of now, Illinoisans can’t register for sports betting on a mobile device or bet on PGA Tour events. Sports betting is legal in Illinois, but its rollout has been disappointing.
- PlayIA, 8.19.20 – Nebraska Governor Calls Casino Ballot Measure ‘A Losing Bet’ In New Column
- Pete Ricketts leaves little doubt about where he stands on brick-and-mortar gambling in his state. The Nebraska governor opposes casinos on largely moral grounds.
- LEX18, 8.20.20 – Casinos Looking For Ways To Attract Customers Back To Gambling, Businesses Pivot To Help
- Visit the Las Vegas strip and things may feel different.