iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 8.20.21: Pointsbet Secures Sportsbook Partnership With NFL
- Online gaming operator PointsBet has been selected by the National Football League (NFL) as an approved sportsbook operator for the upcoming 2021 season.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 8.20.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
Sports League News:
- Wall Street Journal, 8.20.21: The Upcoming NFL Season Is Crunch Time for Sports Betting
- The U.S. gambling industry is betting it all on the National Football League this fall.
- NASCAR, 8.19.21: NASCAR Betting: Todd Fuhrman Dishes On Nascar’s Ascent As A Betting Sport
- At a NASCAR Awards ceremony at the Wynn Las Vegas a few years back, Todd Fuhrman recalls a conversation with Fox Sports executives, who were dubious about stock car racing’s prospects as a sport fans enjoy gambling on.
- Online Poker Report, 8.19.21: New Jersey Online Casinos Get Back To Setting Records Following Three-Month Slump
- New Jersey iGaming revenue hit at all-time high in July. Setting such records each month has been the norm for most of the market’s history. However, it’s more significant this time in that it marks the end of a three month long slump.
- Sports Handle, 8.19.21: The Departed: Critical Questions Remain On New York’s Mobile Sports Wagering Tax Rate Matrix As Cuomo Prepares To Leave Office
- For months, New York Assemblyman J. Gary Pretlow has expressed frustration with Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s intransigence on mobile sports betting, specifically with Cuomo’s demands for an elevated tax floor on sports wagering revenue that will rank among the highest in the nation.
- Yahoo News, 8.19.21: Maryland Sports Betting Won’t Open In Time For NFL Season
- While a date has not been set on when sports wagering will begin in Maryland, the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission, or SWARC, is getting closer to receiving applications from vendors.
- Play WV, 8.19.21: West Virginia Sports Betting In Need Of Football As July Handle Plunges Below $20 Million
- The West Virginia sports betting market endured another slow month in July. It was actually the worst showing from WV sportsbooks in exactly one year.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.20.21: Louisiana Approves Emergency Sports Betting Rules; When Will Launch Happen?
- Sports betting in Louisiana could go live during the football season.
- Play Tenn, 8.19.21: North Carolina Senate Passes Sports Betting Bill, But House Could Be Difficult
- Sports betting legislation defied the odds by getting through the North Carolina Senate, but its next test may be more difficult.
- Midland Daily News, 8.19.21: Online Sports Betting In Michigan Slumps To Lowest Level Since Launch
- Michigan’s online sports betting fell to the lowest volume ever for a full month, dropping to less than $200 million for the first time since January 2021 when online sports betting launched, according to PlayMichigan.
- FOX 35 Orlando, 8.19.21: Sports Betting Deal In Florida Faces 2nd Court Challenge
- Upping the ante in the courts, two pari-mutuel facilities have filed a second federal lawsuit challenging a 30-year gambling agreement reached by Gov. Ron DeSantis that gives the Seminole Tribe control over sports betting throughout Florida.
- Play CA, 8.19.21: What To Make Of This Second CA Sports Betting Ballot Initiative
- A new California sports betting initiative includes everyone but has the backing of almost no one.