iDEA Growth Member News:
- Ifrah Law, 8.26.21: This Fall’s Sports Betting Lineup Could Include 5 New States (DraftKings, FanDuel, PointsBet mentioned)
- The sports wagering industry in the United States will be significantly expanded by the end of this year.
- IGB, 8.27.21: Draftkings To Replace Scoreboard As Oregon Lottery Sportsbook Brand
- The Oregon Lottery Commission has approved a measure to migrate its sports betting product Scoreboard from its legacy SBTech platform to DraftKings’ framework.
- Play USA, 8.26.21: Actor Martin Lawrence Talks New DraftKings Sportsbook Ad, Betting Habits
- Martin Lawrence has been a boundary-pushing stand-up comic, the foundation of movie franchise about an undercover FBI agent/grandma and one half of the “Bad Boys.” Now, he’s featured as the symbolic thumb on the bet button in the new DraftKings Sportsbook ad campaign entitled “The Feels.”
- Legal Sports Report, 8.27.21: Four Sportsbooks Confirm AZ Sports Betting License Approval (DraftKings, FanDuel mentioned)
- BetMGM and DraftKings Sportsbook are the latest operators to acknowledge receiving an AZ sports betting license for a planned Sept. 9 launch.
- Sports Handle, 8.27.21: Two New Sports Betting Platforms On Tap For Colorado In Coming Weeks (888 Sports mentioned)
- If all goes as planned, Colorado sports bettors will have two new digital sports betting choices by mid-September through the Mountain Ute tribe’s plans to launch UteBet and a partnership between 888 Sports and Sports Illustrated, which plan to go live on Sept. 1.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 8.27.21: Sportshandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Penn Bets, 8.27.21: Some Pennsylvania Sportsbooks Are Full Of Data To Help Betting Decisions
- All 13 of Pennsylvania’s legal online sports betting sites have one thing in common: They aim to make money from gamblers’ inability to make successful picks more than half the time.
- Action Network, 8.26.21: Maryland Sports Betting Launch Date Still Undetermined as NFL Opener Nears
- There’s no firm launch timeline for retail or online sports betting in Maryland two weeks before kickoff of the upcoming NFL season, perennially sportsbooks’ most lucrative time of the year.
- US Bets, 8.27.21: Nevada Clears $1 Billion In Post-PASPA Sportsbook Revenue With Strong July
- Nevada in July became the second state to clear $1 billion in sports betting operator revenue in the post-PASPA era, as the state’s Gaming Control Board on Thursday reported revenue totaling nearly $33.3 million for the month.
- Play WV, 8.26.21: US Open Tennis Markets Posted At West Virginia Sportsbooks
- The US Open tennis tournament begins on Monday, Aug. 30, and is available to wager on for about two weeks. West Virginia sportsbooks feature plenty of betting options for the final Grand Slam event of the year.
- Play IL, 8.26.21: You Still Can’t Bet On Illinois College Football Teams, But That Could Change This Season
- But in the most recent legislative session, the House passed a bill that would repeal the in-state collegiate betting ban. The twist? The ban would still apply online, and bettors would only be able to place these wagers in person at retail sportsbooks.
- Yahoo Sports, 8.27.21: Sportsbook 101: The Basics To Betting In Canada
- On Aug. 27, Bill C-218 comes into effect, allowing Canadians to legally wager on single sports events.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.27.21: Canada Sports Betting Starts Today: What You Need To Know
- The new-look Canada sports betting market launches today with multiple provinces diving into single-game wagering.