iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 7.31.20 – Pala Interactive Takes Kindred’s Unibet Brand Into Indiana
- Pay-to-play and social gaming platform specialist Pala Interactive has launched Kindred Group‘s Unibet brand in Indiana. The initiative follows the firm’s previous Unibet launch in Pennsylvania.
- Hartford Courant, 8.2.20 – Unibet Officially Enters Indiana Sports Betting Market
- Unibet, part of the Kindred Group, is officially available to bettors in the Hoosier State, adding to Indiana’s already impressive sports betting landscape.
- Sports Handle, 8.2.20 – Get A Grip: Massachusetts Stop, Illinois Storm, First Sportsbook At Pro Sports Arena, More
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- US Bets, 7.31.20 – With NBA, NHL, MLB In Action, Will August Set Sports Betting Record?
- August is not supposed to be a major sports month. In a typical year, it’s ramp-up season, with the clock ticking down toward college and professional football.
- iGB North America, 8.3.20 – IGT Expands FanDuel Platform Deal Across The US
- International Game Technology (IGT) has expanded its sports betting and online gambling agreement with Flutter Entertainment-owned FanDuel Group to cover the entire US market.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.3.20 – Wire Act Leaves States No Choice On Server Locations For Online Gambling (subscription paywall)
- Under siege in the courts, the 59-year-old U.S. Wire Act lingers as a troublesome relic forcing states to confine servers for all forms of internet gambling within their own borders.
- SBC Americas, 8.3.20 – AGA: More Federal Support Needed To Weather The Pandemic Storm
- American Gaming Association (AGA) President and CEO Bill Miller has called on the US Government to continue supporting the gaming industry amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Forbes, 7.31.20 – Massachusetts Sports Betting Delayed After Senate Removes Proposal From Economic Development Bill
- Any hopes of Massachusetts becoming the nineteenth state to legalize sports betting were extinguished Wednesday when the state senate failed to approve the practice’s inclusion in House proposed economic development plan.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.31.20 – William Hill Brings D.C. Sports Betting An Alternative To Flopping GambetDC
- Rejoice, District residents: you’re no longer stuck with Intralot‘s underwhelming DC sports betting platform and odds.
- DCist, 8.2.20 – D.C.’s First Sportsbook Is Now Open To Take Bets
- On Friday, D.C.’s first official sportsbook opened at Capital One Arena. It’s the first of its kind in a professional sports arena or stadium.
- PlayIllinois, 7.31.20 – Rivers Didn’t Ask Governor For Remote Registration Of Mobile Sports Bets
- Rivers was the only Illinois casino able to take advantage of Gov. JB Pritzker’s short-lived order to suspend in-person registration for online sports wagering accounts. However, that doesn’t mean the casino wanted remote registration.
- PlayIndiana, 7.31.20 – Householder Arrest Could Slow Ohio’s Efforts To Legalize Sports Betting
- The arrest of Larry Householder could put up another road block in Ohio’s efforts to legalize sports betting.
- PlayUSA, 7.31.20 – Table Tennis Dominated Colorado Sports Betting In June
- If this is how Colorado sports betting performs without major sports in action, the Centennial State is sure to put on a show in the next few months.