- The Nevada Independent, 8.5.22: Study: States without online gaming losing out on ‘billions in tax revenue’
- A study commissioned by gaming equipment provider and developer Light & Wonder found that expanding legal online casinos to additional states could produce annual revenue of more than $30 billion with tax revenue of $6.35 billion.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 8.4.22: No Book Near Fenway, But Red Sox Prepping MA Sports Betting Deals
- The Boston Red Sox are pleased with the compromise bill that will legalize MA sports betting once signed into law by Gov. Charlie Baker.
- Sports Handle, 8.4.22: Washington Commanders Seek Sports Wagering Facility License
- A retail sportsbook license application from the Washington Commanders is expected to be discussed at next week’s Maryland Lottery meeting.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.4.22: Hurry And Wait: Commissioners Warn MA Sports Betting Will Take Time
- Though Bay Staters might be getting excited now that there is a bill for legal MA sports betting on the governor’s desk, it might still be months before those wagers are placed.
- Sports Handle, 8.4.22: Massachusetts Regulators To Public: Slow Your Roll! Betting Still Months Away
- With a legal sports betting bill sitting on Gov. Charlie Baker’s desk, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission on Thursday did what it has been doing for months … getting ahead of the curve.
- Mass Live, 8.4.22: Sports betting in Massachusetts likely delayed for at least 3 months, may not go live until 2023, according to Mass Gaming Commission
- The Massachusetts Gaming Commission pumped the brakes Thursday morning on expectations that sports betting could be in place in time for the fall football season as some state lawmakers have suggested this week and instead urged people to consider the amount of regulatory work that needs to be done to set up a new industry.
- Mass Live, 8.4.22: Sports betting roundtables planned by Massachusetts Gaming Commission
- The Massachusetts Gaming Commission said Thursday it will host community roundtables in the coming months with potential sports book licensees and other stakeholders including MGM Springfield.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.22: Kansas Sports Betting Unlikely To Launch By First NFL Weekend
- Kansas sports betting regulators are still hard at work, but a debut by the start of the NFL season might be slipping away.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.4.22: Midnight Madness: Ohio Sports Betting Starts Promptly Jan. 1, 2023
- Sports betting in Ohio will start at midnight on Jan. 1, 2023, according to Casino Control Commission Executive Director Matt Schuler.
- iGB North America, 8.4.22: DC sports betting revenue and handle down in June
- Washington DC’s sports betting gross revenue and handle both declined year-on-year in June despite an increase in the number of operators active in the market.