Industry News of the Day for December 1, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayMichigan, 11.30.20 – Detroit Pistons Link With DraftKings, FanDuel For Sports Betting Partnership
- The final Detroit professional sports team struck up a pair of sports betting partnerships, opting for the industry leaders.
- iGB North America, 11.30.20 – FanDuel Expands NBA Presence With Detroit Pistons Deal
- National Basketball Association (NBA) franchise the Detroit Pistons has signed up a second gaming partner of the day, pairing up with Flutter Entertainment-owned FanDuel Group.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.30.20 – US Sports Betting Heads For First $3 Billion Handle Month As Colorado Hits High
- Thanks to relatively recent state launches in Colorado and Illinois, the US sports betting market likely will hit another high.
- Penn Bets, 11.30.20 – BetMGM Ready For A Tuesday Test Launch Of Its Online Casino In Pennsylvania
- BetMGM officials said last week to expect their online casino to launch in Pennsylvania “within the coming weeks,” and they weren’t kidding — it starts Tuesday.
- US Bets, 11.30.20 – Rhode Island Casinos Go Dark As Online Sports Betting Platform Keeps Light On
- The state of Rhode Island saw its two casinos close Monday due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- PlayTenn, 11.30.20 – Tennessee Gears Up To Welcome Three New Sportsbooks
- Three new sportsbooks may soon be stepping up to the plate in Tennessee.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.30.20 – Online Michigan Sports Betting Gets Potential 2020 Lifeline
- Online sports betting in Michigan, as well as iGaming, had been held up by the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules. The committee has 15 days to review both sets of rules, or it could waive the remaining time and allow the Michigan Gaming Control Board to begin the licensing process.
- Online Poker Report, 11.30.20 – Michigan Senator Says Online Casino Launch Coming In December
- It’s been a long wait for Michigan residents eager to gamble online. However, they may only need to remain patient for another few weeks, at least according to one legislator.
- PlayMichigan, 12.1.20 – Michigan Online Gambling Rules Move Forward, Paving Way For Launch
- We are one step closer to an online gambling launch here in Michigan.
- News Channel 20, 11.30.20 – Illinois To Further Study Gambling Amid High Sports Betting Numbers
- The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) is conducting a yearlong study on gambling and gambling addiction within the state.
- PlayIA, 11.30.20 – With Online Registration Looming, BetRivers Makes Its First Appearance In Iowa
- There’s a lot that is unknown about what the Iowa sports betting market will look like when the in-person registration requirement expires on New Year’s Day 2021.
- WNAX, 12.1.20 – Betting On Sports Gambling
- South Dakota voters last month approved legalizing sports betting, based in Deadwood. South Dakota Chamber of Commerce and Industry President Dave Owen says there are still a lot of details to be worked out,
- PlayColorado, 11.30.20 – Colorado Sets Another Sports Betting Handle Record In October
- The first six months of sports betting in Colorado has been a fascinating ride.
- iGB North America, 12.1.20 – Colorado Sports Betting GGR Rockets To Record $17.4M In October
- The Colorado Department of Revenue has revealed that a record monthly handle of $210.7m in October helped drive the state to a new gross gaming revenue high of $17.4m.