iDEA Growth in the News:
- EIN Presswire, 12.10.21: iDEA Growth Applauds Ohio Legislature for Passage of Sports Betting Legislation
- Ohio businesses will finally be able to participate in this burgeoning industry and the state is set up to receive millions in up-front and long-term revenues. iDEA Growth thanks the legislators for their thoughtful work and Governor DeWine for his support throughout the process.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 12.10.21: PointsBet Adds Live Dealer Games To Online Casino Offerings In Michigan
- Online gaming operator PointsBet has introduced live gaming options in the state of Michigan as part of its igaming platform.
- SBC, 12.9.21: 888 SVP Says Virginia Is A Perfect Fit For Its Sports Illustrated Sportsbook
- Gaining a provisional license to offer sports betting in Virginia last week fit well with two key objectives for 888sport, senior vice president, head of US Yaniv Sherman told PlayUSA.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 12.10.21: SportsHandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- ESPN, 12.9.21: United States Of Sports Betting: An Updated Map Of Where Every State Stands
- After New Jersey’s Supreme Court victory in May 2018, any state can legalize sports betting.
- Business Insider, 12.9.21: How Sports Betting Is Changing The Media Industry In The US
- Sports betting is a vital and growing piece of US sports media.
Sports League News:
- US Bets, 12.9.21: NFL’s Responsible Gambling Ad A Building Block For Awareness
- In a year in which the onslaught of television ads for sportsbooks has been as relentless as T.J. Watt on the pass rush, one commercial stands out from the pack.
- Play NY, 12.9.21: New York Council On Problem Gambling Makes Recommendations Before Online Sports Betting Launch
- The New York Council on Problem Gambling made recommendations to the state earlier this week, with legalized online sports betting expected to launch in the Empire State in early 2022.
- IGB, 12.9.21: Maryland Launches Legal Retail Sports Betting
- Maryland officially opened its regulated sports wagering market yesterday (December 9) after state Governor Larry Hogan placed the first legal bet at MGM National Harbor.
- Washingtonian, 12.9.21: Sports Betting Is Now Legal in Maryland
- Maryland officially launches sports betting Thursday, joining 30 states and the District, where virtual and/or in-person sports gambling has been legalized. Betting on football, basketball, and more is permitted at casinos and racetracks, as well as online.
- Axios, 12.10.21: Ohio Lawmakers Approve Bill To Legalize Sports Betting
- Legalized sports betting in Ohio is now a sure bet.
- WKYC, 12.10.21: Sports Betting In Ohio: How Much Money Could Be Generated If Gov. Mike Dewine Signs House Bill 29?
- Ohio may soon be added to the growing list of states across the country to legalize sports gambling.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.10.21: What’s Ahead Now That Florida No Longer Has Legal Sports Betting
- Sports betting in Florida is on ice, for now. So how long will that be the case, and what’s next?
- Play IN, 12.10.21: Indiana Sports Betting Sets A New Record With $463 Million Of November Wagers
- Indiana set another sports betting record during November. Gamblers in the state bet nearly half a billion dollars on sports throughout the month.
- Play MI, 12.9.21: Michigan Historical Horse Racing Bill Fails In 2021 But Carries Hope To Next Year
- Historical horse racing legislation won’t get done in the Michigan legislature this year. But bill author Sen. Dan Lauwers tells PlayMichigan that he holds out hope for passing a bill early in 2022.
- WKYT, 12.9.21: Lawmakers Continue To Push For Sports Gambling In Kentucky
- A Kentucky lawmaker is hoping the upcoming legislative session will be the year the state finally passes sports betting in the commonwealth.
- Play IL, 12.9.21: 3 Companies Applied For An Illinois Online-Only Sports Betting License. Here’s What That Means For Mobile Registration
- Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) Administrator Marcus Fruchter announced on Wednesday that three operators applied for an online-only sports betting license.