Industry news of the day:
- Legal Sports Report, 12.15.18 – The Week in Sports Betting: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh Get Sportsbooks; Big NJ Numbers
- It’s Christmas come early if you like sports betting, at least if you live in Pennsylvania.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.14.18 – Inside the Legal Questions Surrounding the DC Sports Betting Bill Debate
- The first round of hearings on DC sports betting has ended. The first-round victory went to a single-operator model, with Intralot, a Greece-based lottery supplier, likely to be the benefactor.
- Sports Handle, 12.17.18 – Lawmakers Poised to Legalize Sports Betting in Washington DC
- If all goes as the D.C. Council has planned, the District of Columbia will legalize sports betting Tuesday, making it the seventh government entity to legalize sports betting in 2018.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.14.18 – PA Sports Betting Goes Live in Philadelphia, As SugarHouse Sportsbook Launches
- SugarHouse Casino boasted that it was the “First in Philly” on Thursday, is the first casino in Pennsylvania’s largest city to open a retail sportsbook.
- Sports Handle, 12.14.18 – Get a Grip: The Week in Sports Betting and Sports: Pennsylvania Openings, Application
- It’s information overload everywhere, and there’s not time enough to sleep and eat and stay fully apprised of what’s happening on this crazy blue dot of ours (two out of three ain’t bad).
- Trib Live, 12.15.18 – Rivers Casino gets OK for Sports Betting, sets hours of operation
- WHYY, 12.16.18 – As sports betting begins on Philly, local gamblers relish the convenience
- Almost seven months to the date after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling allowed states to legalize sports betting, Mike Davis was the first in line at SugarHouse Casino in Philadelphia on Saturday morning, ready to place a bet on a college basketball game.
- Burlington Country Times, 12.14.18 – Third New Jersey racetrack to offer sports betting
- Freehold Raceway just off Route 9 in western Monmouth County has a sports betting license from the state Racing Commission and is looking for a vendor to run a sports book.
- The Bond Buyer, 12.14.18 – Sports betting boost Atlantic City casino revenues
- Atlantic City casino revenue was up 20% year-over-year in November with legalized sports betting driving some of the spike, according to analysts.
- CBS New York, 12.14.15 – New Sports Betting Lounge Opens at Prudential Center
- Sports betting is now legal in the Garden State and officials say that gamblers have already placed nearly a billion dollars in bets at local casinos and racetracks.
- SBC Americas, 12.14.18 – Political change poses new challenges for New York sports betting
- Andrew Winchell, Chief Of Staff at the Office of New York State Senator John J. Bonacic, offers his view of where the state is currently at in its ambitions to get legal sports betting up and running.
- The Dickinson Press, 12.14.18 – North Dakota lawmakers eye sports wagers after Supreme Court decision
- North Dakota lawmakers are preparing legislation to open up sports betting after a major U.S. Supreme Court decision earlier this year.
- No new federal updates to report.
Sports league updates:
- No new sports league updates to report.
- iGaming Business, 12.17.18 – SG Digital chief executive Davey set to depart
- Matt Davey is to leave his role as CEO of SG Digital after less than a year in charge of the Scientific Games subsidiary.
Overall industry updates:
- Browse Live News, 12.14.18 – Global Online Gambling & Betting Market Growth Analysis, Key Manufacturers and Forecast Period 2019-2024
- The global Online Gambling & Betting Market report analyses various tendencies, obstructions, and challenges faced by the key competitors of Online Gambling & Betting market.