Industry News of the Day for December 2, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 12.2.21: 888 Expands US Presence With Virginia Sports Betting License
- Online betting and gaming operator 888 has secured a provisional sports betting license for its Sports Illustrated-branded product in the US state of Virginia.
- SBC, 12.2.21: Sportradar Seals Sports Betting Partnership With Pointsbet
- Sportradar has announced a multi-year sports betting partnership with PointsBet, becoming the online gaming operator’s US supplier of MLB, NBA, NHL, college football, and college basketball data.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 12.2.21: Joe Asher: Taking IGT’s Sports Betting Strides To The Next Level
- Taking a company’s sports betting offering to the next level is no small feat, but according to Joe Asher – IGT’s President of Sports Betting – the provider’s strong team of traders and its reputation as a leader in the gaming space will help drive further growth in 2022.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 12.2.21: NFL To Air First Public Service Announcement On Responsible Betting During Dallas Cowboys Vs. New Orleans Saints Game
- The NFL will air its first public service announcement on sports betting during the Dallas Cowboys vs. New Orleans Saints game Thursday night.
- US Bets, 12.1.21: SBC: Could $200M Be Spent On Sports Betting Measures in California?
- There’s never been any doubt that the November 2022 election season in California will be preceded by a barrage of advertising regarding the four competing ballot initiatives that would legalize sports betting in the state.
- Sports Handle, 12.2.21: Is Digital Wagering A Good Fit For California?
- From the first day in 2019 that a coalition of California tribes announced they would file a ballot proposal to legalize retail sports betting in the state, the elephant in the room has been digital wagering.
- Sports Handle, 12.1.21: Connecticut Generates $54.6M Handle In First Month of Sports Betting
- Connecticut‘s soft launch into the sports betting and iGaming space during the month of October produced solid results, as the state’s Department of Consumer Protection published its first revenue report Wednesday.
- WFSB, 12.2.21: State Collects Over $1.5 Million From First Month Of Sports Betting, Online Gambling
- Over a month after sports betting and online gaming fully launched here in Connecticut, the state is seeing some positive results come their way.
- IGB, 12.2.21: Delaware Betting Handle Hits Highest Level Since December 2019 In October
- Consumers in the state of Delaware wagered $12.2m on sports during October, the highest monthly total since December 2019.
- IGB, 12.1.21: Key Ohio Lawmakers Agree On Sports Betting Language To Set Up Passage
- Lead members of an Ohio conference committee agreed in principle on a sports betting bill Wednesday, according to Rep. Bill Seitz.
- WYSO, 12.2.21: Ohio Lawmakers Say They’ve Reached A Possible Agreement On Sports Betting
- Legalizing sports betting in Ohio has been one of the trickiest issues of the past few years at the Statehouse.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.1.21: Waiting To See If The Florida Sports Betting Tap Is Turned Off
- A motion to the D.C. Court of Appeals by the Seminole Tribe of Florida following the denial of the Tribe’s motion for a stay of the ruling that the newly signed Compact with Governor Ron DeSantis governing sports betting violated the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) is on an expedited schedule.
- Denver Business Journal, 12.2.21: Colorado Sports-betting Shows No Signs Of Slowing With October Record
- Despite lackluster play from the local teams, Colorado sportsbooks once again set records for sports gambling totals and revenue in October.