iDEA Growth Member News:
- Yahoo! Finance, 12.22.20 – Simplebet CEO On The Future Of Sports Betting
- Chris Bevilacqua, Simplebet CEO, joined Yahoo Finance Live to discuss how the company is changing the sports betting landscape and their partnership with FanDuel.
- PlayNJ, 12.23.20 – FanDuel Opens Temporary Sportsbook At Bally’s Atlantic City
- FanDuel Sportsbook, the NJ sports betting market leader, jumped on the Garden State Parkway and went 125 miles south, straight into the heart of the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 12.22.20 – How A New Visa Policy Could Impact US Online Sports Betting Payments
- A new policy from Visa could pave the way for more widespread acceptance of online sports betting payments in the US.
Sports League News:
- PlayPennsylvania, 12.22.20 – BetMGM Sportsbook Strikes Deal With Philadelphia 76ers In Time For NBA Tip-Off
- Just in time for their 2020/21 season tip-off, the Philadelphia 76ers announced a new sports betting partner. The recently launched BetMGM Sportsbook becomes an Official Sports Betting partner of the Sixers.
- Penn Bets, 12.23.20 – New Technology Tied To Problem Gambling Aims For One-Stop Self-Exclusion Shopping
- Pennsylvania sportsbook operators and the state gaming control board on Wednesday will be the first in the U.S. to roll out an innovative new self-exclusion option, according to a joint press release from the state agency and Conscious Gaming.
- PlayPennsylvania, 12.22.20 – Wind Creek Launches Betfred Online Sportsbook As PlayPause Makes US Debut
- Wind Creek Casino Bethlehem and Betfred USA Sports are soft-launching their PA online sports betting site on the afternoon of Dec. 22.
- NJ Online Gambling, 12.22.20 – New York Still Treading Modest Waters With What It Reaps From Sports Betting, All Gaming
- New York’s State’s four commercial casinos in November produced the same $2.6 million in sports betting gross gaming revenue that they did one month earlier — but the distribution of dollars shifted significantly.
- Online Poker Report, 12.23.20 – Time To Hug And Make Up? Connecticut Governor And Tribes Look Ready To Move Ahead With Gambling Expansion In 2021
- Connecticut has, to date, been what one might describe as a “bridesmaid state.” That is, it has often seemed close to getting on board with the sports betting and online gambling trend, yet has always come up short.
- Crain’s Detroit Business, 12.22.20 – Online Gambling Launch In Michigan Pushed Back As Gaming Companies Gear Up (subscription paywall)
- The expected launch of online gambling in Michigan has been pushed to mid-January, leaving casinos champing at the bit to feed pent-up demand and stabilize income loss due to the pandemic.
- The Action Network, 12.22.20 – Ohio Sports Betting Update: Where Things Stand Entering 2021
- Ohio, which seemed on the cusp of legal sports betting just a few months ago, won’t approve a wagering bill this year.
- Sports Handle, 12.22.20 – South Carolina Again Flirts With Sportsbooks, But Still Thinks They Have Cooties
- Sports betting in South Carolina? It’s technically possible under measures pre-filed earlier this month in the Palmetto State.
- Online Poker Report, 12.22.20 – Alabama Study Comes Up Strongly In Favor Of New Gambling Options, Though Resistance Remains
- As surprising as it may be to hear, Alabama might be a favorite to introduce some form of gambling legislation next year.
- Sports Handle, 12.22.20 – Study Group: Gambling, Including Sports Betting, Could Be Good For Alabama
- Gaming could bring in about $700 million in annual tax revenue to the state of Alabama, according to a study released Friday by the Governor’s Study Group on Gambling Policy.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.22.20 – New Record For Colorado Sports Betting: $230 Million In November Bets
- The Colorado sports betting industry hit a new monthly record with more than $231 million in bets recorded in November.
- PlayColorado, 12.22.20 – Colorado Sports Betting Sets Another Record With November Handle
- Another month for Colorado sports betting, another record when it comes to handle.
- Lineups, 12.23.20 – California Tribes Attempt To Put Sports Betting On 2022 Ballot
- California fell short earlier this year when tribal casinos and lawmakers attempted to put its own sports betting bills on the 2020 ballot. This inevitably pushed sports betting back until at least 2022 to be voted on.