Industry News of the Day for December 28, 2021
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 12.27.21: What’s On Tap: COVID-19 Chaos, Bowl Season’s Peak, And NFL Season Nears End
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- Action Network, 12.27.21: Will eSports Betting Be Legal in New York?
- Although retail sports betting was legalized in New York in 2019 and online sports betting is expected to launch soon in The Empire State, eSports betting has yet to be fully legalized.
- Sports Handle, 12.27.21: California Scheming? Card Rooms File Suit, Tribes Update Latest Sports Betting Proposal
- For the last few months, the legalization of sports betting in New York and Florida has garnered plenty of media attention — New York for its odd, high-tax, limited-operator model and Florida for myriad lawsuits, including one that ultimately forced the Seminole Tribe to take down its Hard Rock Digital sports betting platform.
- TN Bets, 12.27.21: 2021 Tennessee Sports Betting Year In Review
- The last 12 months have been transformational for Tennessee sports betting. The state saw legal sports wagering launch in November 2020, and the industry has grown considerably since.