iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 2.1.22: PointsBet Partners With Women In Sports Tech To Advance Careers Of Women
- PointsBet has agreed to a partnership with Women in Sports Tech Inc (WiST), a non-profit organization dedicated to driving growth opportunities for women in the sports technology industry.
- Play IL, 1.31.22: FanDuel, United Center Announce Plans To Open In-Arena Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook and the United Center, home to the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks, announced plans to open a two-story sportsbook at the arena on Monday.
- Play USA, 1.31.22: DraftKings Bringing Sports Betting To Washington State With Tribal Deal
- The Tulalip Tribes of Washington are partnering with one of the top operators in the US to bring retail sports betting to the Northwest.
Overall Industry News:
- CNN, 1.31.22: This Could Be The Biggest Super Bowl Ever For Online Betting. Here’s Why
- The Los Angeles Rams or Cincinnati Bengals? No one knows what the outcome of the Super Bowl will be. But one thing seems certain. No matter who wins, sports betting companies could score financial touchdowns.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.31.22: The Week In Sports Betting News: NY Set To Smash Handle Record
- Happy Monday, everyone. Sports betting news is exploding with recent state launches, plenty of new bills and the NFL playoffs.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.1.22: Opinion: Two Big Questions For US Sports Betting Industry In 2022
- Trying to make predictions about what will happen in the coming year has been a risky proposition since the pandemic hit, and US sports betting is no exception.
- Washington Post, 1.31.22: Biden Could Step Into Debate On Booming Sports Gambling.
- President Biden could play a significant role in shaping its future, with potentially wide-ranging repercussions for the dozens of states that have embraced the practice — some to make up pandemic-era tax shortfalls — and others turning to it to lift public finances in the future.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.31.22: Hawaii Sports Betting Bill Sponsor Throws Cold Water On Own Proposal
- Rep. John Mizuno is ready to see legal sports betting in Hawaii but understands it might be a multi-year process.
- KRON 4, 1.31.22: Sports Betting Vote Could Help End Homelessness Crisis In California
- Supporters say a new bill could go a long way towards solving the homeless crisis but it would also make sports betting legal in California.
- Sports Handle, 1.31.22: Mississippi Mobile? Handful Of Betting Bills Proposed In Early 2022
- Mississippi legislators have wasted no time proposing mobile sports betting bills during the 2022 legislative session, with Rep. Cedric Burnett first introducing a bill on Jan. 4 aimed at legalizing mobile sports betting within the state.
- Sports Handle, 1.31.22: Two Sports Betting-Related Bills Filed In Illinois General Assembly
- Looking to further the piecemeal approach that served gaming legislation well in the first year of the 102nd General Assembly in Illinois, two lawmakers have filed new bills this year looking to amend the 2019 Sports Wagering Act that legalized sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.31.22: Ontario Sports Betting Finally Receives Launch Date In Spring
- Ontario finally has set a go-live date for online sports betting and gaming.
- FOX 31, 1.31.22: Coloradans Have Bet Over $5 Billion Since Sports Gambling Was Legalized
- Colorado’s sport gaming industry hit a new milestone at the end of 2021, with over $5 billion in total wagers made since the state legalized sports betting starting in May 2020.
- Play CO, 1.31.22: Colorado Sportsbooks Cap 2021 With $460 Million In Bets
- Colorado sportsbooks ended 2021 on a roll, with monthly wagering in December approaching $500 million for the third consecutive month even as it slowed from October’s and November’s high-water marks.