- Legal Sports Report, 2.19.19 – Temper Those Expectations: NH Wire Act Lawsuit Faces Uphill Battle
- The new Wire Act decision is wrong, as has been discussed extensively by me and many others. But simply because the 23-page opinion written by Assistant Attorney General Steven A. Engel is wrong, it does not mean a court is going to simply overrule the Justice Department’s interpretation.
- NJBIZ, 2.18.19 – DOJ hit with lawsuit over Wire Act interpretation
- A lottery company is suing the U.S. Department of Justice over a legal ruling last year which critics said could hurt the online gaming and sports betting industry in states such as New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Sports Handle, 1.18.19 – PA Sports Betting Grows, But Still Lacks Mobile Component
- Twice as many sportsbooks spelled twice as much handle in Pennsylvania last month, the first month that three sportsbooks were open for the entire month. Three others opened between Jan. 10-24. Pennsylvania sportsbooks combined for $32 million in betting handle, $2.6 million in revenue, worth $938,597 in tax revenue for the state, according to the January Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board report.
- US Bets, 2.18.19 – Ohio Sports Betting Bill Expected In March, Key Lawmaker Says
- Ohio policymakers are taking their time behind the scenes crafting a potential sports betting framework, all in an effort to hopefully expedite the process once it formally hits the legislative table.
- WEEK, 2.18.19 – Governor Pritzker will address Illinois budget and $3.2 billion deficit on Wednesday
- State leaders are looking ahead to Governor Pritzker’s budget speech Wednesday night. Pritzker took office facing a $3.2 billion budget deficit and nearly $15 billion in unpaid bills.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 2.16.19 – Houston Billionaire Tilman Fertitta Buys Caesars Stock
- Tilman Fertitta, the Houston real estate mogul who last year proposed merging his casino and restaurant empire with Caesars Entertainment Corp., has become an investor in the Las Vegas company, according to a person familiar with the situation.