Industry News of the Day for February 3, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Business Insider, 2.2.22: Athletes Unlimited And Sportradar Are All-in On Betting In Women’s Sports
- AU has agreed to terms on a multi-year sports integrity partnership with Sportradar, an industry leader in sports data collection and analysis.
- SBC, 2.3.22: Sportradar Integrity Services Builds On Leading US Presence With Athletes Unlimited Agreement
- Global sports integrity solutions provider Sportradar Integrity Services – a division of Sportradar – has entered into a multi-year integrity services agreement with Athletes Unlimited following a competitive selection process.
- SBC, 2.3.22: Sightline Payments Set To Launch Indigo Sky Casino & Resort Mobile App With IGT Integration
- Sightline Payments has announced the launch of its JOINGO mobile loyalty platform at the Indigo Sky Casino & Resort, Oklahoma in Q1 of this year.
- SBC, 2.3.22: Geocomply: Louisiana Sports Betting Surpasses New York Per Capita
- GeoComply has compiled data showing that Louisiana has had a great opening weekend to online sports betting following its launch on January 28.
- Forbes, 2.2.22: Gamblers Expected To Wager A Record Amount On Beijing Olympics (DraftKings mentioned, Johnny Avello quoted)
- The Beijing Olympics marks the second year that millions of Americans will be able to legally place bets on their favorite country or athlete from their mobile phones. And the action is expected to hit a record level this year.
- CBS News, 2.2.22: New York Blows Past $1 Billion In Online Sports Bets In Just 3 Weeks
- New Yorkers placed more than $1.1 billion in online sports bets in less than a month in January, shattering a previous U.S. record set by Arizona for the highest opening wagering handle.
- Play NY, 2.3.22: Could New York Challenge Nevada For No. 1 In Super Bowl 56 Betting Handle?
- New York projects to do very well on its first-ever Super Bowl Sunday featuring online sports betting on Feb. 13.
- SBC, 2.3.22: Virginia Sportsbooks Set For Continued Growth In 2022 After Strong December
- Virginia’s sportsbooks handled $325m and generated $31.5m in gross revenue in December, rounding off a strong 2021 performance which saw sportsbooks handle over $3bn.
- Sports Handle, 2.3.22: Ohio Casino Control Commission Sets Sports Betting Application Fees
- The Ohio Casino Control Commission revealed application fees and addressed other licensing issues, general wagering provisions, equipment, exclusion programs, and responsible gaming in its two latest batches of sports betting rules.
- Sports Handle, 2.2.22: Will Arkansas Mobile Wagering Receive February Approval?
- The Arkansas Legislative Council was originally slated to discuss mobile sports betting rules, but the discussion was delayed at the last minute, making March Madness a more viable target.
- Play USA, 2.2.22: Complicated And Convoluted, Florida Sports Betting Action Presses On
- Sports betting in Florida was available online for almost a month — before a US District Court judge shut it down in early December.