iDEA Growth Member News
- CDC Gaming Reports: Sightline Payments Introduces VIP Select For High-Value Gamblers
- The cashless-payments provider Tuesday announced the launch of VIP Select, a program with which invited clientele with Play+ accounts will be able to fund up to $1 million. Casinos will have the option of offering VIP Select to patrons via invitation only.
- BusinessWire: Gannett and Gambling.com Group Announce Strategic Partnership
- Gannett Co., Inc. today announced a multi-year strategic partnership with Gambling.com Group Limited (Nasdaq: GAMB), a leading provider of player acquisition services for the regulated global online gambling industry. Under the agreement, Gambling.com Group will provide relevant content for sports enthusiasts while leveraging Gannett’s reach across the U.S. media landscape through the USA TODAY Network across the country.
- Legal Sports Report: Analysis: Super Bowl 57 Could Mark First Billion-Dollar Sports Betting Event
- Super Bowl week is in full swing, and bookmakers across the country are preparing for the biggest betting event in history. Bettors in the US are expected to legally wager nearly $1.175 billion on the Eagles and the Chiefs in Super Bowl 57, which would mark the first billion-dollar game the country has ever seen. Last year’s matchup between the Rams and Bengals drew an estimated $957 million in total wagers.
- SBC Americas: Groups Warn Of Rise In Gambling Scams Related To The Super Bowl
- Just about everyone agrees this year’s Super Bowl will be the biggest ever for US betting ever…including scammers. According to cybersecurity firm Proofpoint, football-focused scams are up 20% while Super Bowl-related messaging is up over 860%.
- PlayIndiana: The Clock Is Ticking For Indiana’s Online Casino Bill
- Indiana’s online casino bill is running out of time. The bill hasn’t made any progress yet with less than two weeks to go until an important deadline. The first stop for the bill is to make it out of committee, but the group hasn’t even scheduled a hearing for it yet. That’s putting the push to legalize online casinos in Indiana up against the clock. Feb. 21 is a crucial deadline on the horizon for the bill.
- Gaming Today: Kentucky Lawmakers Have Another Chance To Legalize Sports Betting: Will They Take It?
- The second part of the 2023 regular legislative session started Tuesday in Kentucky. A renewed push to legalize sports betting in the Bluegrass State comes with it. Officially filed on Jan. 5, this session’s retail and mobile sports betting bill (HB 106), sponsored by House Minority Floor Leader Derrick Graham, D-Frankfort, could be assigned to committee this week.
- The Southern Maryland Chronicle: Maryland Senators Hope To Push Through Online Casino Bill
- Two senators in Maryland have brought forward a bill that is hoped to bring the arrival of online casino gaming in the state. Nancy King and Ron Watson introduced the SB 267 bill this week at the state Senate and it features a provision for there to be a public ballot allowing Maryland citizens to vote on the potential legalization of online casinos in the Old Line State.
- PlayMA: MGC to Release First MA Sportsbook Revenue Totals After Feb. 15
- We will know revenue numbers for Massachusetts sports betting in a little more than a week. The Massachusetts Gaming Commission releases the state’s casino revenue numbers from the previous month on the 15th of every month. However, Thomas Mills, Communications Division Chief for the MGC, told Play Massachusetts in an email that the laws for reporting casino revenue and sportsbook revenue aren’t the same.
- State News House Service: Sports Betting Compliance Called Into Question After One Week
- Legal sports betting has been live for one week and the Gaming Commission is apparently already investigating whether two of the three sportsbooks in the state have violated its rules around what events can and cannot be wagered on.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: New Jersey Launches ‘First Of Its Kind’ Program To Identify Problem Gambling Using Betting App Data
- With a record one in five Americans expected to wager on this year’s Super Bowl, officials in New Jersey are implementing what they call a “first of its kind” program that would help identify those with potential gambling problems based on data collected from betting apps.
- PlayOhio: Over 2 Million Ohio Sports Betting Accounts Created In January, GeoComply Says
- The Ohio sports betting industry got off to a fast start in January, with approximately 2.25 million unique player accounts identified during the first month of legal sports betting in the state. According to internet security company GeoComply, which verifies user locations when they log on or attempt to place a bet on an online sportsbook, Cincinnati led the way among Ohio’s largest cities with 38.18 million geolocation checks.
- The Daily News: Casinos In Texas Face Long Odds Despite Governor’s Change, Fertitta Says
- Island-born billionaire Tilman Fertitta puts the odds of a casino bill passing out of the Texas legislature at about the same as drawing a royal flush — slim to none. Those who like the odds better point to reports about Gov. Greg Abbott’s change of stance during his reelection campaign.