iDEA Growth Member News
- PlayNJ, 1.8.21 – DraftKings Still Building On NJ Online Casino Success
- DraftKings Casino is what one would consider a late arrival to the NJ online casino scene.
- CNBC, 1.8.21 – DraftKings Now Lets You Bet On Drone Races
- The Drone Racing League announced an exclusive deal that gives DraftKings the title of official betting partner and allows the firm to have exclusive marketing and betting rights around its league.
- Sports Handle, 1.8.21 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: NY Online Sports Betting Movement, A New TN Approval, South Dakota Bill, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top US sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 1.8.21 – Las Vegas Sands Discusses Push Into Sports Betting
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. has had discussions with potential partners in the fast-growing field of sports betting, setting the stage for a major shift in the company’s strategy, according to people familiar with the situation.
- Sports Handle, 1.8.21 – Sports Betting In New York? Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Cuomo offered a teaser, proposal has major issues, and lawmakers have already filed a competing bill.
- iGB North America, 1.8.21 – Lawmakers Set Out Competing Sports Betting Proposals In New York
- Senator Joseph Addabbo and Assemblymember Gary Pretlow have put forward a new proposal to regulate mobile sports betting in New York, days after Governor Andrew Cuomo signaled his intention to support legalization – albeit through the state lottery – in 2021.
- New York Post, 1.10.21 – Andrew Cuomo and the Legislature get desperate for cash
- Opinion piece written by the New York Post Editorial Board.
- ABC 13, 1.9.21 – Online sports betting could be coming soon to the Commonwealth
- Virginia’s first online sports betting licenses could be approved in the next few weeks, making it legal for Virginians to place bets on games from their phones.
- WJHL 11, 1.10.21 – Tennessee Congressman proposes plan for online sports betting money to fund schools
- Tennessee congressman David Hawk said he plans to focus on education funding in the coming year at the general assembly in Nashville.
- Sports Handle, 1.8.21 – Pritzker Renews Executive Order Allowing Remote Registration For Illinois Sports Betting Once More
- It is not exactly a lucky seven, but bettors in Illinois still can sign up remotely for mobile sports wagering accounts as Gov. JB Pritzker renewed Executive Order 2020-41 for a seventh time on Friday, furthering the suspension of the in-person registration requirement to gain access to mobile wagering.
- PlayIllinois, 1.8.21 – Pritzker Extends Mobile Sports Betting Registration Until February
- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker extended mobile sports betting registration once again on Friday.
- Sports Handle, 1.8.21 – Iowa Clears $100 Million In Sports Betting Handle For First Time In December
- Fueled by a surge in mobile sports wagering, the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission reported a record sports betting handle for the fourth consecutive month Friday as the Hawkeye State topped $100 million for the first time since going live in August 2019.
- PlayIA, 1.8.21 – December 2021 Iowa Sports Betting Handle Hits New High, Surpasses $100 Million
- For the first time since legal sportsbooks went live in the Hawkeye State, bettors wagered more than $100 million in a month.
- SBC Americas, 1.11.21 – Iowa closes out 2020 with record $104.8m sports betting revenue
- Iowa’s online and retail sportsbooks brought 2020 to a close with record revenues, collecting more than $100m in bets in December 2020 alone to approach $600m in handle for the year.
- The Gazette, 1.8.21 – Iowans Wager Monthly Record $104 Million On Sports
- Legal sports wagering in Iowa topped the $100 million plateau in December, marking the third month in a row for record-setting growth.
- PlayIndiana, 1.8.21 – BetAmerica To Get Much-Needed Fresh Start In Indiana As TwinSpires
- TwinSpires is becoming Churchill Downs’ new all-in-one brand for horse racing, online casino and sports betting.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, 1.11.21 – Here are 4 things to watch from the Georgia state legislature in 2021
- Legislation to legalize gambling in various forms has been proposed without success in recent years, but a push to allow sports betting in Georgia may have legs in 2021 as lawmakers search for new sources of revenue.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 1.9.21 – iGaming To Make Waves In 2021. But Not In Nevada.
- While the Silver State offers online poker, experts say it’ll take years before it broadens its online gaming offerings.
- Online Poker Report, 1.8.21 – IGT Rolls Out Cashless Payments In Nevada, Receives Patent For Gambling With Bitcoin
- International Game Technology (IGT), a leading slot machine manufacturer, has been making great strides in modernizing payments for retail casinos.